Copperhead Photos...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I visited a friend of mine recently and took some photos of his adult female Copperhead....she was pretty easy to work with and gave me plenty of tongue shots lol.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome snake and good pics! How close did you get to the snake for the first shot?

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was roughly a foot away from the snake's face, but the pics were taken through the locked plexiglass door of the enclosure. ;)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, its all good man. Most people are surprised at most of the pics I take through glass/plastic are so clear. Its all about lighting and angles. :)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
great photos and beautiful snake :clap:

there are some types of glass that is impossible to shoot through, and others (like the museum glass) you can't even tell is there.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
she's beautiful! I miss my little broadbanded...boo :( What subspecies is she?

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
David , great pics of a gorgeous snake. Agkistrodon contortrix is my fave North American venemous serpent.

David

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very impressive snake!

And the pictures through glass are marvelous too :)

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She is beautiful!!! Her colors are very vibrant. I can see a tiny piece of shed still stuck, is she freshly shed? On a side note I too think you did an amazing job at taking those pics through the plexi glass :D

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very pretty snake, her eyes mean business. Ive heard copperheads are very mellow and not as venomous as a rattlesnake.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is beautiful!!! Her colors are very vibrant. I can see a tiny piece of shed still stuck, is she freshly shed? On a side note I too think you did an amazing job at taking those pics through the plexi glass :D
Yes, she had just shed that day.....she does a good job of rubbing any stray scales ff that don't come off with the initial shed. :)

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very pretty snake, her eyes mean business. Ive heard copperheads are very mellow and not as venomous as a rattlesnake.
haha I don't think mellow is the word I would use. More like, "I want to kiss you with my teeth". IME, they are really shy but when they feel cornered, they won't hesitate to tell you off.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some are mellow , some are wicked. While road cruising, i have had coppers strike as soon as the beam of my headlights hit them. and of course, cool shots of a cool serpent :worship:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, she had just shed that day.....she does a good job of rubbing any stray scales ff that don't come off with the initial shed. :)
That's good to know...I wouldn't want to help her get those extra scales off! :eek:

How old is she? Without a clear reference, it is hard to tell how big she is.

She is a pretty one. Thanks for sharing!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually, if you have tubes, it wouldn't be hard at all.

Shes a CBB '06 specimen.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I guess that's true. I've just never seen tubes being used, so I'm not really sure how I would go about using them. Guess I'm more old-fashioned. :)

Good...I love it when they are CBB! I think that also helps with their temperment. However, it seems to be fairly difficult to find CBB copperheads.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The idea is pretty simple....find a tube of appropriate size for the snake (big enough for the widest part of the snake, but small enough so it cannot turn around inside the tube), place the tube in front of the snake while it slithers on the floor.....when the snake crawls roughly 1/3 of the way in, grab the end that is not in the tube and voila! :)