T cage need help

rorika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my curly hair which is around 1.5 inches in lenght is living in a 6" by 3.5" container.. he's in hes burrow and i don't even see it come out even in the night. i was thinking of changing he's cage to a small deli cup measuring 3.5 " in diameter. is my current cage too big for it? should i change it's cage to the deli cup so i could see it?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'll tell ya what i do to set up the enclosures for my borrowers so i know that i'll get to see them (if they don't silk up the window)

when i'm packing in the substrate i put a paint brush or other similar object up against one of the walls at an angle, pack in the substrate around it, making sure i can see the brush, pack it down tight, and then take it out slowly... that way thre's a little pre-made burrow, and they can expand on it from there, and i always have a way to look in on em....

not sure if it'll help right now, and i know i didn't answer you ? directly, but when you decide to set him up next, give it a try, you might be pleased!

i did this with my curly, and he's made huge caverns that i can see perfectly. :D
-joshua

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I put a piece of cork bark that is cut on an angle against the glass and my curly made her burrow so i can just look in on her through the glass in the end of the container.
Jennifer

rorika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha what i wanted to know is that i should change my enclosure or not.. cuz i have this 1 inch red rump who's living in that deli cup and it's looking happy and have no difficulty in finding it's food. haven seen my curly for abt 3 weeks now..

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as to changing the enclosure, i know a lot of people here think that's too big, but i see no harm in it.. if i find that they aren't going after their crix or whatever, i tend to herd the food towards them... works for me.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think for a 1.5" spider, that a container 3.5"x6" is not too large. It is still small enough to where the T can find its food easily and it gives it some room to grow into.

If the curly made itself a nice burrow, then it is most likely happy with its new home. Could the reason you haven't seen it be because it is somewhere in the process of molting? Is the burrow completely covered where you can't peek in on the T to see what is going on?

I personally think the size of the enclosure is fine, good luck with your curly.