Handling GBB

nexen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats a looker. Nice T :)

Don't try what though? Handling a GBB? I thought they were usually very docile? Mine is anyways.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They're docile but also very skittish and fassssst. Handling related falls are a risk with a GBB moreso than most species.

Nice video testdasi and nice T as well.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I thought they were usually very docile? Mine is anyways.
If you have a docile one, you're lucky. The "usually" with this species is nervous and skittish.

That video is great, the poor spider (once it actually gets on the hand) looks like one of my cats that's just walked through a puddle of water. "Ah! Ack! Ew! Help!" and all that foot-lifting. {D

Yeah I'd never dare try this with my big female, she's crazy.

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah that one seems WAAAAYY slower than mine. I realize they're not the fastest species out there, but mine can move pretty quick when I try to get it out. Once it settles down its not too bad, I still hold it, but when it moves its never anywhere near as slow as the one in the video. So yeah... I agree with the lucky comment. Wish mine was that chill.

nexen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Huh. I had no idea. Mine and the one that is at the pet store are both really relaxed and slow. Like colorful rosies.
Mine will throw hairs occasionally though, but they dont seem to bother me (yet).

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice vid, testdasi! A nice, calm handler with a nice calm spider. But boy, s/he sure didn't want to go on your hands at first!

Count my GBB among the sprinters...I consider her "high-strung." She used to do a bit of hair-flicking but hardly seems to at all anymore (she's 7)... A beautiful girl and an old friend,tho. :)

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is always calm and sweet. I have another video of her just calmly walking around, touching my hand and just walking away at the same slow speed. I think she thinks my hand skin is not as good as the substrate. LOL! :D

gbbgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That was weird. It said the vid had been removed and now it's working. Anyway, sweet vid, especially the music.

I found her reaction to the plastic tub amusing. I imagine her using Stewie from family guys voice to say " Vile force field!".

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@GBBgirl: try clicking the "HD link" to go to the Youtube page.

@G. pulchra: Nope. She's normally like that. See this vid:
[Youtube]xpWgLEOxZN0[/Youtube]

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my gbb was the only T in my collection that i would even consider handling...my mother, brother, father, many friends, little cousins, neices, they all handled him and he was never anything but cool with them..

god rest his little T soul..i miss that boy!

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've often thought that, as certain species become more common as pets, we'll start hearing about "individual personalities" more frequently--maybe not as widely varying as the uber common rosie, but maybe some species will no longer be so easily categorized as "nervous," "defensive," "calm," etc. :)

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is probabaly going to sound ultra silly, but it amazes me you are willing to do that barefoot. :eek:

Maybe I've had too many pets with toe biting obsessions, but I absolutely could not do that without at least socks on.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha! I've never thought that T's like to bite toes. They seem to be interested in my fingers. :D Tell my H. gigas that and she will agree.