I was just thinking that every time I feed my T's, the room gets
re-decorated.

E

Attachments

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that is a killer setup!!!!

Mr. F. that is probably the coolest display of T homes I have ever seen.

Wayne H

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Wall for larger spiders and avics..kind of a washed out looking picture tho...hey I'm a carpenter not a photographer.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Somebody lives in here..honest I just never see her...when she gets bigger tho, watch out!

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
No it's not my living room, it's a spare room upstairs at my house. I had one of my employees build the shelves on a slow day this summer as well as most of the lids.

FangMan

Arachnopeon
Hi,

Nice setup, it look very good. Does the wall of bigger spiders is close the the other?

F a n g M a n :)

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Hmmm I do have room for a few more shelves but I prefer a more streamlined approach so at this point I can't say for sure. I have 18 T's right now but 5 or 6 are too small for the large tanks. And Thanks Wayno for the compliment. It's more or less what I do for a living. High end remodeling with a lot of custom type work, built in shelves, lot of hardwood cabinets and such.

Last edited:

NEMESIS_112

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
On one of the first avic homes pic it looks to me, that the screen is attached to the glass by hinges. if it is, How are you able to put screws in glass?
Nemesis_112

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice! Mrfeexit are the shelves attached to the wall studs? how about a detail picture of the shelves themselves?
Ed

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Originally posted by NEMESIS_112
On one of the first avic homes pic it looks to me, that the screen is attached to the glass by hinges. if it is, How are you able to put screws in glass?
Nemesis_112
The glass is plexi glass and you can drill it and put screws in it fairly easily. This tank was my first attempt and I have since came up with a little better way of doing it, including using a bit thicker plexi for stiffness.

Yes the shelves are screwed into the wall studs, they are a very simple design and I will try to get a detail picture today, I have to use up some film on some work stuff anyway.

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow man!

Very aswsome display!

I was thinking about doing something like that. I would like to build some cages from plexiglass because I have always been nervous about what would happen to my T's in an earthquake.

-Charlie

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Re: Wow man!

Originally posted by Charlie
Very aswsome display!

I was thinking about doing something like that. I would like to build some cages from plexiglass because I have always been nervous about what would happen to my T's in an earthquake.

-Charlie
I don't have to worry too much about earth quakes here in central Wisconsin, sometimes we have tornados in the summer but thats about it. You could always use velcro tape on the bottom then they would not slide off in the event of a quake. Thanks for the compliment too :D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm also impressed! Very nice way to display a collection.
We really need to build some more shelving units as well.
How do you keep them heated in winter?