I feel like an idiot.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kindly disregard my thread. Mods, please delete if you desire.

Last edited:

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what? How does that happen? Did you run out of tap water? Could you not find a little bowl?

Sorry for your loss.. But seriously... fail.

Gold Skulltula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The novelty wore off? :(

I just did a little research and humidity/ moisture are stressed several times in the first Emperor care sheet I read. I guess at least you admitted it though.. if something like this happened to me the last thing I'd do is make a thread on it. Take that as you will.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The novelty wore off? :(

I just did a little research and humidity/ moisture are stressed several times in the first Emperor care sheet I read. I guess at least you admitted it though.. if something like this happened to me the last thing I'd do is make a thread on it. Take that as you will.
it wasnt really a novelty. i loved the guy. it's just whenever i wanted to give him water i would spray the cage...i had a dish but he was a MEAN emp(hence hsi name Leonidas) and always defended his corner and dish.

God I fail

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the last post make me suspect you weren't ready for an emp anyways.

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not trying to. But I take that as a compliment :)
Lol.

But I feel terrible man about what I've one. But this is the only pet I really screwed up on. I think I have no choice but to put this behind me, realize mistakes, move on, and preserve my emp in alcohol {D

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmmm.........I kinda thought giving emps a water dish and plenty of humidity was common knowledge? I guess knowledge isn't so "common" after all.

I feel very sorry for any animal that is currently under your care. Having a scorp die is one thing, but having one die because of your ignorance, that is quite another. Probably not a good idea to post something like this on a forum for arachnid lovers.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol.

But I feel terrible man about what I've one. But this is the only pet I really screwed up on. I think I have no choice but to put this behind me, realize mistakes, move on, and preserve my emp in alcohol {D
finally you realize what iv'e bin telling you xD. you'll do fine next time around

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmmm.........I kinda thought giving emps a water dish and plenty of humidity was common knowledge? I guess knowledge isn't so "common" after all.

I feel very sorry for any animal that is currently under your care. Having a scorp die is one thing, but having one die because of your ignorance, that is quite another. Probably not a good idea to post something like this on a forum for arachnid lovers.
ok so this is a bit over done.

he had one of the emps that would always fill their water dish with dirt or w/e. scott's in college and i'm sure his studies can get in the way sometimes.. now it's obvious he's realized his faults and that he made a mistake and is going to do better next time. so can we lay off the flamming everyone?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
life is full of mistakes and poor judgement. dont offer yourself up for a beating, no one here is any better or more deserving than anyone else. when mistakes are made do your best to make sure they are not made in vain and that you walk away with something valuable learned, that is the truest and most sincere act of atonement, and is far better than offering up your hide to be ridiculed by others. pick yourself off and try again, and dont take crap from anyone even if you think you deserve it.

John

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dont get me wrong, its a sad thing and you have every reason to be upset, but life is full of unfortunate happenings, and we must do the best we can to learn as much as possible so they dont happen again. just ignore those on here who think its better just to flame instead of saying anything useful.

John

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont get me wrong, its a sad thing and you have every reason to be upset, but life is full of unfortunate happenings, and we must do the best we can to learn as much as possible so they dont happen again. just ignore those on here who think its better just to flame instead of saying anything useful.

John
i am i just dont think the flamers will pick up on it

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i am i just dont think the flamers will pick up on it
well i think as far as flamers go you got off pretty lightly. they can be vicous around here at times... but in any case, you dont have to answer to anyone here other than yourself. and if it makes you feel any better ive made some pretty boneheaded mistakes over the years and so has everyone else, your just the newest member of the club.

John

GiantVinegaroon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i think as far as flamers go you got off pretty lightly. they can be vicous around here at times... but in any case, you dont have to answer to anyone here other than yourself. and if it makes you feel any better ive made some pretty boneheaded mistakes over the years and so has everyone else, your just the newest member of the club.

John
yea thanks man

Gold Skulltula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't beat yourself over the head too much, just take some time before you dive into another pet. Make sure you have done enough research and maybe (although this sounds really dorky) do a test run for a few weeks with the cage set up to the animals specifics to see how it goes. Learn from your mistakes and don't forget them!

Perhaps you could get a dish that has a "storage" of water connected to it.. sorry about that inadequate wording, but do you know what I mean? It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing thing, but at least it would ensure that your Scorpion had water ALL THROUGH finals week without you needing to worry too much.

Hey I've had stupid husbandry mistakes myself. No matter how much you research something before hand there's always a chance something unexpected or bad might happen. It IS important though to correct mistakes before negligence leads to death..