Oh no, temptation again! Pinktoes for real cheap! Help?

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have found someone locally selling baby pinktoes at 3 for $10.00 Canadian, and I immediately thought "Here's my chance to try my own communal avic project".

I even dreamt about Ts last night! I'm doomed... :eek:

Greensleeves

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You sure are doomed! Go for it. I don't know if I could do a communal set up just because I would be so sad if one of them got eaten! You are definately an addict!:D

Jennifer

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hehe Green you were warned that if you started collecting it would be addiction lol. Anyways Go for it and also I agree not to do the communual set up because they may get eaten.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by JBoyer
You sure are doomed! Go for it. I don't know if I could do a communal set up just because I would be so sad if one of them got eaten! You are definately an addict!:D
I'd be sad too, that's what's holding me back. On the other hand, these would be new slings I wouldn't have had a chance to form an attachment to. I would probably force myself not to handle them as much too, just to distance myself.

In the end, right now I'm thinking that, tempting as it is, I will hold out for a versi sling, then an a. metallica, plus an a. furriana... er, hurriana. And... heaven help me, pokies are starting to look really cute, but I won't, I really won't... I find enough ways to use up my sick time without a puke-fest from spider bites. I know myself, I would want to handle it because I am a risk-taker deep down, so it's best to avoid temptation. =D

Greensleeves

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it were me in your situation, I would go ahead and get a few of them. You can try the communal set-up, just make sure you have a big enough tank and plenty of hides for them.

These slings are all from the same eggsack right? That also helps if you plan on putting them into a communal set-up.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin
If it were me in your situation, I would go ahead and get a few of them. You can try the communal set-up, just make sure you have a big enough tank and plenty of hides for them.

These slings are all from the same eggsack right? That also helps if you plan on putting them into a communal set-up.
All from the same sac, as far as I know. I'd give them lots of space and keep an eye on their progress - if one or two happened to grow up into males I'd have to scoop 'em out to prevent inbreeding, I guess. Then maybe find an unrelated male to take over the 'harem'. =D

Oh, this is too tempting, maybe the guy will be sold out by the time I call...

Greensleeves