7 weeks and counting????

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i picked up a rose going on the 8th week now about the size of a nickel and hasn't ate a thing. i tried to feed it the other day by giving a freshly killed cricket that i smacked around a bit and left the room for about 20 mins and found 2 crickets eating the dead one? so im like, i thought it had eaten last week and his fast was over? i took them out and let the dead one stay but didnt take it, try again next week again i guess, the little bugger is fat though, and moves around allot so i guess its ok. also getting a little dark spots so hopefully its in pre molt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With a butt that fat your spider could go eight MONTHS without eating and be fine. {D You don't even need to try and feed it anymore until it molts, just make sure there are no more crickets hiding in the enclosure (I assume that's where the two eating the dead one came from?) and keep up with the drinking water.

How big is your enclosure? From that angle, it looks a little tall for a wee baby tarantula.

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big is your enclosure? From that angle, it looks a little tall for a wee baby tarantula.
Exo Terra Faunariums Mini Cage - 7" x 4" x 5.5" and that perch is about 2 inches from the ground

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry, someone on here said theirs went 2 months before with out eating.

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here is a good pic to tell the size of it.

so i should wait to try and offer it any thing until at least a week after he has molted rite?

Last edited:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
here is a good pic to tell the size of it.

so i should wait to try and offer it any thing until at least a week after he has molted rite?
yep. As long as his butt is nice and plump he'll be fine.

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Update!!!!

she's molting!! @ 9am. found her hanging upside down and next time i go check on her she is on her back and is in full molt at the moment just popped her top.

Last edited:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt. Just wanted to comment here that I have a female rosie who has been in premolt for nearly a year and hasn't eaten anything.
There is no cause for alarm as long as your T is still plump and not displaying any odd behaviours (holding it's pedipalps close to it's body, appearing clumsy, etc.)

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

back on all 8s! i am in AWE. i watched my first molt. that was crazy:eek:
anyway technically my cherry was popped on Thursday with my C.fimbriatus but didnt get to see it. :rolleyes: