Couldn't pass this up.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I went to my local petco for a couple things I couldn't find at my LPS that I normally go to. So I decided to check and see if they had any T's in there, they had one Rosea and when I looked at the price I was SHOCKED to see that it was only $8.99. I paid $17.00 for my male when I got him. I couldn't the T since it was hiding in it's half log with web on my end. So after asking 2 people if they knew the sex or if I could take a look(they didn't want to go near her cage) I finally got a 3rd person who happened to be the store manager to open up the cage and let me take a look. It just so happened to be a Mature Female!

So I asked why she was on sale for cheap since they tend to be more expensive on EVERYTHING. It turns out that she had been sitting there for about a month and a half, and the store was no longer going to sell T's and they wanted to unload her basically. So you can just guess where she is now lol {D

Also before I went out I needed to feed my OBT who ended up not wanting to eat anyways, and I decided to try my male Rosea, I had small meal worms that were starting to turn into beetles. So I offered him one with my 10" tweezers and he decided that he just had to have one, and he took it while on the wall so I got a great view of a T eating for the 1st time. I tried to take some pics, but they didn't turn out so hot, but very exciting and only took him about 10 min to eat the little bugger, most of the time was waiting for the venom to do it's job because once he started eating it, it was gone in no time.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty good deal. So you going to let them make babies.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That would be the master plan yes, how did you know? Just waiting for the boy to make a sperm web I guess, how often to they make them? I've had him for a couple weeks now and no web except for in his 1st enclosure, but that was just to cover the ground. But now that he's using his clay pot house, I noticed a tiny bit of web on the bottom when I came home with his lady.

MrRogers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It turns out that she had been sitting there for about a month and a half, and the store was no longer going to sell T's and they wanted to unload her basically. So you can just guess where she is now lol {D
WAHOO!! One less property selling Ts. I would consider this a victory for the tarantula trade and exotic stores! Yay! :D

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WAHOO!! One less property selling Ts. I would consider this a victory for the tarantula trade and exotic stores! Yay! :D
My thoughts exactly!. Now if we could only get them and petsmart to be shut down for good, we'd all be much better off.

Now I just gotta get that boy to make a sperm web. Just started reading up on the breeding thread on this forum, got the 1st page down, but it's almost 2 am and I have work at 8. So the other 3 or so pages will have to wait till tomorrow. Also I read that one person put some of their females web in the males cage and I think it said an hour later he was making a sperm web. Anyone else try this with any luck? I think it's at least worth a shot. So I hope she makes a bit of web tonight that I can share with him, I did tell him a lady was present so hopefully with that, and maybe a little lady web in his cage will help convince him to make a sperm web. But if he takes a few days to make one I think that would be good to allow her to settle in a bit.

Also I forgot to mention, I saw one large cricket in her cage, but when they turned up her half log about another half dozen went running. But she is in great shape actually, no cricket bites or anything.

Well I gotta get going and drinking this water for my new versi's that are being shipped out tomorrow from rob!