HELP-Acanthoscurria brocklehursti OR Acanthoscurria geniculata

zwdiudiu

Arachnopeon
Hi,PLS see the photo,i am depressed, cause i don't which is which one. you can see the T‘s leg ,one is more white other is little, which one is Acanthoscurria brocklehursti or Acanthoscurria geniculata? A or B. thanks.

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Specimen A is the brockelhursti and B is the geniculata. Although this is just an educated guess based on my experience with both species.

Art

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A: Acanthoscurria brocklehursti (Have thinner___striping)

B: Acanthoscurria geniculata (Have thicker ___ striping)

AndrevdW

Arachnopeon
Sorry you are all wrong:)

20130902_195905a.jpg Look at this site and look at the spermatheca. http://tarantulas.tropica.ru/en/node/586
I have a A. Brock and look and compare the spermatheca 20130902_194622b.jpg
Now you guys can have a look and compare. But everyone swopped the two around. :)
Hope I cleared this up because I also didnt know until I came across this. I think it will be a bit harder for the males since they do not have the spermatheca to look at:p

AndrevdW

Arachnopeon
You can also compare it to a chaco golden knee (Grammostola Pulchripes), the 'golden knee' markings are the same as the 'white knee' markings. Also look at the black and white (Nhandu coloratovillosus) the white bands are even larger!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. brocklehursti spermathecae: CLICK

A. geniculata spermathecae: CLICK

A. geniculata has an "elevated" one, while brocklehursti doesn't. White knees on the geniculata are broader than on the brocklehursti, too, to my knowledge. Also, geniculata abdominal hairs are more straight, "combed", while brocklehursti looks more like "bad hair day" not as straight. That is, to my knowledge. I'm sure my girl is an A. geniculata btw ;) ...and she does have the broad, white knees.

"Medeia", 6" female Acanthoscurria geniculata

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First photo is of a A. brocklehursti female, second photo is of a A. brocklehursti mature male, third photo is of a A. geniculata female and the fourth photo is of a A. geniculata mature male.

Jose

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
First photo is of a A. brocklehursti female, second photo is of a A. brocklehursti mature male, third photo is of a A. geniculata female and the fourth photo is of a A. geniculata mature male.

Jose
Why is this guy inactive? He should be the most active person here.