When to feed her?

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 4" rosie molted mon, mar 9th, now the last time she molted, she was a 3.75" spider, and she took food 10 days after molting. Im wondering when I should be trying to feed her as she's slightly bigger now.

Also, unless I get her to climb the glass, I have no way of checking her fangs to see if they've darkened yet, and I just know she'll be really sensitive and am hesitant to disturb her for risk of injury to the T. The last thing I need is her getting spooked and leaping to her doom. I also dont want her to turn mean on me from being handled too soon after molting.

What's the time range for a spider this size to be "ready", tomorrow it will be nearly a week, but as I dont know the state of the fangs, I'm not wanting to risk damaging them from a too early feeding attempt, or damage from handling too soon (and possible bad temper too)

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I give at least a week and a half to two weeks for postmolt feedings, skew towards two weeks for anything approaching adult and as always offer plenty of water.

It takes a lot to starve a tarantula, if it was that low on reserves it probably wouldn't have had enough to get through the molt in the first place.

MrRogers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with the above post. My Rose hair was the same size and I waited a week and a half. Your T is very hardy so you have a large margin for feeding it, just as long as you wait at least a week and a half you'll be fine.

Congrats on a safe molt :clap:

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My LP wouldn't eat for almost 4 weeks after molting. I offered food every day.