Slurpee straw feeding/feeding tricks

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So my Avicularia fasciculata just molted on the evening of 3-9-09 She went from 1.5" to 1.90". Ive been making sure she has mist on her web each day to drink from but she has yet to eat tell today. So for the last 2 days Ive let some small crickets run around in her enclosure and I noticed she wasn't interested at all. Normally after such a small T molts they seem eager to look for food so I was a little worried but when I tried enticing her to come out of her tube web with a slurpee straw I noticed she acted as though she was feeling for food as it entered the tube web. So I loaded one of the little crickets into the straw taking a page out of my old sling feeding ways and she snatched the cricket up as soon as it got to the end of the straw.

Question is do you have any feeding tricks like my slurpee straw that you have found work well?

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My feeding trick is using an aspirator for feeding fruit flies to my slings. The aspirator is two lengths of slightly different sizes of clear aquarium tubing, with a fine screen inbetween them. That way, I can suck fruit flies into the feeding chamber (the part blocked by the screen), then blow them into each individual sling cage. It really speeds up the process.

Pacmaster

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I take and "pop" an appropriate sized roach and then smear it on the side of the cage, directly in the path of the T.
Once the T stumbles on to the stuck roach, it almost always goes right after it.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I take and "pop" an appropriate sized roach and then smear it on the side of the cage, directly in the path of the T.
Once the T stumbles on to the stuck roach, it almost always goes right after it.
Wow never thought of that before! Ill bet it works well for slings but I dont think id try it with anything to large ;P