Not enough room to molt???

zwd22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I have a chaco(G.aureostriata) that has been in pre-molt for about 2 weeks. I know it's in premolt becuz it's rejecting food and it's got the black spot on the abdomen.

At first it was normal it started digging and expanding its burrow and blocked it off halfways. Then it got weird... It started hanging out out of its burrow, and wandering around hugging the sides of the container once in a while and trying to get out from the air holes. It has been maybe a week since it tried to get out from the air whole which is, obviously too small, it's not doing that anymore but is still wandering around a lot. I feel that the T is holding off its molt becuz the enclosure is a bit on the small side. What do you guys think? should I move it to sumthin bigger?

It's currently at around 1.5 inches and is living in a deli cup.

ORO

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it is about to molt, best to leave it where it is. I do not think there is an issue with room to molt.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Exactly. T's will even molt while they are shipped in cramped positions.

the_mask86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
same opinion here too.
i have a fren here, whose T was living in a delicup AS big as its legspan, and it molted just fine.
well of course we had rounds of ammunition blasting him for irresponsibility, but who's to blame this guy? with more than 300 Ts in his arsenal, he's pretty much godlike among our group here.