Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Vagans? or a Boehmei?

I can't decide, really. :confused:

I have males for both but I can only afford one right now.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think anyone's going to vote vagans. Boehmei is quite a bit more valuable T (and in many people's eyes, more beautiful) than vagans.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It really depends...I prefer the boehmei solely for its colourful flare. But, the vagans tend to be more laid back and look like a large black tarantula from a distance. I probably get more compliments on my vagans than I do my boehmeis. However, I personally like the boehmei better.

EDIT: Laid back in the sense that I don't get haired all over the place when I have to move them...

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had multiples of both. I prefer B. boehmei over B. vagans. My vagans always seemed to burrow or hide where as my boehmei is always out in the open. Plus, I like the looks of the boehmei more.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive had both and found my B. vagans a little more docile and easy to handle and the B. Boehmei has always been one of my favorite Ts as far as looks go. from the first day I saw a B. Boehmei on botarby8s

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lets go with vagans! A black T with a nice red color accent. B. Boehmei are certainly more colorful, but there is something about B. vagans that I've always liked. I do know this: You can't really go wrong with either one.

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had multiples of both. I prefer B. boehmei over B. vagans. My vagans always seemed to burrow or hide where as my boehmei is always out in the open. Plus, I like the looks of the boehmei more.
Same here! I had a brachypelma vagans and she only came out from under her hide to eat or molt. My brachypelma boehmei is out in the open 90% of the time!

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Get both, I like them both and plan to get both eventually.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Both are quite beautiful, but I'd go with boehmei. It'd be a much better display T. ;)

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'd still go for vagans!
i even sold my b. baumgarteni to get this one lol:D

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
100% go with boehmei :cool:

mine is always out and about, great feeding response and waaaaay better looking IMO. i have both large females of boemei and vagans, even as an adult my vagans still spends most of its time in its burrow. and really isnt that nice looking :p

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I say Boehmei. Besides being notorious kickers,
they're awesome and awesome coloration.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
How are the prices on adult males for those remotely similar?

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The way I read the original post, he was saying he has males of both and wants to get them a female. Maybe that was wrong, though.

I wonder if the pricing is all different in the Philippines so that boehmei are relatively cheaper than they are here. It certainly doesn't seem like a comparison of equal value items, as I pointed out earlier.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The boehmei for sure! Gorgeous T! And despite what has so often been written, as long as they are handled reasonably gently, none of mine have ever kicked hairs -- and I hate bald spots! Nor are mine the least bit skittish -- though as we all know each T has its own temperament.

Last edited:

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The way I read the original post, he was saying he has males of both and wants to get them a female. Maybe that was wrong, though.

I wonder if the pricing is all different in the Philippines so that boehmei are relatively cheaper than they are here. It certainly doesn't seem like a comparison of equal value items, as I pointed out earlier.
Actually it is probably that the vagans is more expensive over there than it is here, making them closer in price.