I need your feedback...

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been working recently on a reptile related website. Right now I'm in the process of creating a forum that I installed on the site. I'm REALLY:D excited about it and, although I'm nowhere near completed, I'm hoping someone will critique for me what I have so far. Don't lie!:liar: I want this to be really user-friendly and I'll adjust whatever needs adjusting.
I love the Arachnoboards and don't want to take anything away from this site. In fact, this site was inspirational for me! I've gained a lot of knowledge on arachnids and my collection has grown to over 100 healthy, growing specimens!
I hope to add to the reptile world what the Arachnoboards has given to me.
Thanks for critiquing my site. When you click the link, go to the "forums" tab.
-Dave
p.s. Because it's still so new, a lot of the text is not there yet. Please critique what you do see (mostly the categories)
http://www.risireptiles.com

Redapache

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just checked it out,easy to navigate very nice setup all in all it looks great!

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks good! I have a question though, why do you have the heading Classifieds and Businesses headings but they both say the same thing?

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The site is so new I don't have any text under the categories besides the forum so far. It will eventually have a full classifieds section, business listings, pictures, etc. :D
-Dave

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you should center everything, and put the banner at the top centered. That would look better i think, but JMO. Besides that, very nicely done :).

Cheers,
Nate

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like it! Now add some exploding links and fireballs every time you click on something...{D I really like it. It's very clean cut and I like that. There's not a lot of clutter to distract you from what you want to do.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I'm realizing the program I used may have centered in some browsers but not others. I'll fix that, but not for a week... I'm going camping!:D
I'll be back by Friday. Please let me know what browser you're using if it doesn't look centered. And feel free to sign up to the forum if you'd like to help me out!
-Dave

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm back... with a little less flesh in my finger from getting kicked by an armadillo!:D Catch em by the back, no prob. Catch em by the tail, watch out for the claws!
Hey, let me know what browser your using if RisiReptiles.com is not centered.
Thanks!
-Dave

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like it, no crazy colors or super tiny text. The forum looks really nice too.

The main sits isn't centered for me though, I use Opera browser.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I use Firefox as well and it looks fine. Good to know the others that are not centering. Thanks, guys! I'll fix it soon. Please keep up the valuable info that you're giving me. It really helps.
-Dave
BTW, the picture of the male iguana logo was taken on my friend's back porch a few houses from me! They're everywhere! They're everywhere!