webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, how often do you spider freaks clean the webbing in your
over webbed tanks?

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
clean as in pick out remains? if so, after every meal.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
depends on what the web was for. if it was a molting hammock or a eating matt, id take it out when theyre finished. but if its a T that lives in its web, as my GBB does, i dont remove the web till i change tanks/substrates.... so i guess, every 6 months?

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have removed a couple of webs from my Avic enclosures, but I have done this only when they have built another web and abandoned the prior one.

A couple of my Avics seem to build a new web in a different place after each molt, if I don't clean the old webs out, it get to be a mess in their enclosure.

But for the most part, I don't bother cleaning out the webbing. I figure that it's the T's home and I don't want to disturb it and take the chance of stressing the T.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lets see, as long as I know it's a while away from a molt, I've removed all of the webbing. The immature arborials that I've had haven't wasted much time building a new one.....So everyone wins! (They get another hideout, and I get to see them make it!)

I'd assume in the wild, their webs get molested by something or another on a regular basis - I don't think it's that bad of an idea for me to do that for them.

Plus, If you have an arborial that spends all the time sitting in the middle of it's tube web, that is so thick that you can't see through it, what fun is that?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, I basically just leave the webs as they are, even the molting beds they build. My pinktoe builds the thickest webs out of all my T's, but I see her a good bit because her favorite hiding spot in there makes it fairly easy to see her. When she molts in there, I just cut a little hole in the web, and remove the molt. Otherwise, I just leave them. It's their home, why make it any more stressful on them?

Bry

noboyscout

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I clean up about every substrate change 3 to 7 months depending on sp. If I have pests that would accelerate things.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would also say clean the webbing when you do a substrate change.

Andy