Doesnt Sound Right

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THIS IS A POST I READ ON CRAIGSLIST; ISNT THERE A PROBLEM HERE:

"I have a mated pair of normal Columbian boas that are 2.5-3' that I dont have time to hold every day. They eat live or frozen and really nice snakes. Included is a 20 gallon long(non leaker)tank with screen top. Take everything for $179FIRM or I will split up and rehome the boas at $69ea. Sorry, no pics."

YOU CANT MATE COLUMBIAN BOAS AT THREE FEET CAN YOU? THATS NOT EVEN FULL SIZE FOR A ONE OF THESE SPECIES OF SNAKES IS IT? I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE FEMALE WAS LIKE 7 -8 FEET WHICH WOULD BE FULL GROWN..AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
what about the "2 boas living in a 20 gal long" part?

you find all kinds on CL

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My guess is that the person posting the snakes on craigslist meant to say it was a sexed pair of boas not a mating pair. I've had boas breed at lengths around 5 feet, but they were 4 plus years old. Some localities are smaller, but 2-3 feet is not mature. The 20 gallon tank part is a worry too. That enclosure is too small for one at that size.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just find it strange that they will eat either live or frozen snakes that are really nice...guess they don't like the mean ones? lol

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just find it strange that they will eat either live or frozen snakes that are really nice...guess they don't like the mean ones? lol
Hahahaha. I missed the ophiophagus comment. Nice.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
THIS IS A POST I READ ON CRAIGSLIST; ISNT THERE A PROBLEM HERE:

"I have a mated pair of normal Columbian boas that are 2.5-3' that I dont have time to hold every day. They eat live or frozen and really nice snakes. Included is a 20 gallon long(non leaker)tank with screen top. Take everything for $179FIRM or I will split up and rehome the boas at $69ea. Sorry, no pics."

YOU CANT MATE COLUMBIAN BOAS AT THREE FEET CAN YOU? THATS NOT EVEN FULL SIZE FOR A ONE OF THESE SPECIES OF SNAKES IS IT? I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THE FEMALE WAS LIKE 7 -8 FEET WHICH WOULD BE FULL GROWN..AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
You can put a reply post and telling other buyers that this is false advertisement by the seller and give the reasons why.