She refuses to eat...

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know if she ate since I bought her from the pet shop. She sees to be ignoring the crickets...
I had her for about 3 weeks now.. Some crickets disappeared but I've never seen her ate.Sometimes I found crickets the day after. I think she never ate... Today, I gave her a cricket and she was hiding, I think she tried to attack the crix when he came to her, she followed him... But 2 minutes after, he tried to leave but was like a zombie... Why doesn’t she eat everything I gave her? Do I need to change the food? I think she's fed of crickets!
I'm just watching the terrarium right now , the crix and the T disappeared! haha She is deeper in her house. She is moving right now, she turns, I think she is building a web? I don't see very well what she is doing...
i think she is eating or she will eat him later haahahahahahahaha
I hope she's eating right now or whatever, I just hope he's inside her :p
and one another thing weird, I gave her a cricket one day and his color turns black...? I have now a black cricket in my container :p YEAH! haah... I just don't know why? :wall: Shes doing strange movements right now haha... anyway .. sorry my english is not that good. :liar:

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what specie of tarantula have u got? If its a chilean rose (G.Rosea) then it is normal for them to go for weeks even months without eating. . .if in pre-molt T's wont eat, also the cricket has turned black as the crickets molt also

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha yep its definately a Chilean rose :p ... so the cricket is going to molt too? hahaah yak! :wall:

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep. . .crickets molt too, i've seen them do it. . . . they come out almost pure white!!!!! if your T isnt feeding remove all crix n try in a few days or next week. . . has your T gone darker in colour at all? on the abdomen?

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe nop! She's ok, she's not going to molt hehe :) and I think she ate :)

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just hope the cricket was healthy... I gave them Flucker's orange cube. Food for crickets.... I keep them in a container.. but inside the container it's disgusting... I wish she's ok with it :p ... I have the crickets in there for about one week. I wash the container once a week hehe

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what do u mean by the container is disgusting? as in mouldy/dirty?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it's a Chilean Rosehair (G rosea), don't freak out if it doesn't eat. They are notorious for going on fasting periods. Don't worry about it, honestly. you should only worry about her eating and health if her abdomen gets really really small.

Who knows, she could be getting ready for a molt :)

just leave her be for now. offer her some water in a dish, but other than that just leave her alone.

dan

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe thanks bliss :) ... and yep the container was dirty, there was a lot a poop hahaahh! .. I just hope the cricket that she ate was correct.

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when i had my first rosehair it didnt eat for 2 months, abdomen got really small, then it molted, but still didnt eat for another month or so. . .its only eaten one cricket in 3 months. . . .my other chile rose eats all the time. . .rosies can vary so differently from each other. . in temperament too. . one of mine is a pussycat, the other is a hair kicking threat posing, fang displaying moody little T. . .i have heard that some rosehairs have gone on a fast for up to 2 years at times!!!!!

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehehe ... I have the confirmation! She ate! :p I saw the rest of the cricket outside of her shelter ehe

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have an RCF Rosea female that hasn't eaten in over 8 months. I originally thought she was in premolt but there is no darkening of the abdomen going on. They are just weird like that. I wouldn't worry about it unless she starts to look sickly thin.

WS6Lethal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehehe ... I have the confirmation! She ate! :p I saw the rest of the cricket outside of her shelter ehe
That's good to know. As others have pointed out, they just do nothing for long periods of time.

On a side note, I am getting a breeding pair of Chilean North's tomorrow. They are about the same as the Rosea, so it will be interesting to see if they share the same habits.

-Jeremy

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sweet WS6 I hope you are successful. It would be awesome to get one of those.

Agent Jones

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's good to know. As others have pointed out, they just do nothing for long periods of time.

On a side note, I am getting a breeding pair of Chilean North's tomorrow. They are about the same as the Rosea, so it will be interesting to see if they share the same habits.

-Jeremy
After all the talk about these lately, I almost want one. Almost. Maybe if they grew faster, haha. They sure are sweet looking, anyway.

Unsafe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't know why but the crickets are killing each other! I lost 3 crickets because they are savages!