"beware Buying Tarantulas -indofauna"

Rick_C_West

Arachnopeon
Beware anyone buying tarantulas from Indofauna - Borneo Island in the classifieds. Specimens are expensive, the EMS tracking numbers do not work well for Indonesia (you will have your parcel before it shows even leaving the country) and you specimens will most likely be all DOA. As you can see by the image below, and from images posted by the seller in his ad, the specimens are already emaciated and dehydrated BEFORE shipping. Money has to be paid in advance, is quickly picked up by the shipper, but replies are poor to not returned!! BUYER BEWARE.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Hari,
I believe the problem with deaths was with the shipping method, EMS shipping was a bad choice. But Hari, you still owe one spider. I paid you for ten spiders, it took two packages (the first contained only four spiders, UNDER half of the order) and after complaining, we got five more, still one under my initial payment to you. So I'm not sure what you don't understand.

I would put the deaths down to EMS shipping, it was a poor choice made by all and not your fault. I must make that clear. Just use a different carrier next time Hari. I believe EMS were to blame for the deaths in transit, lesson learned hopefully.

Helloo to the eager readers :)