Is this okay as a water source for feeder roaches?

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Should be fine. I use that stuff for my roaches on occasion. Even better though, and much cheaper, is just to use orange slices.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Flukers cricket quencher: calcium fortified.
says its good for other feeder insects

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6016+18936+6461&pcatid=6461

I originally bought this for crickets, in my attempts to keep them living and to breed for me, but no success.
I'd save your money if I were you. I use vegetables and fruit to provide water for all my feeder roaches (3 colonies), feeder crickets, and mealworms. This is a much cheaper alternative as mentioned above. If you want some tips for breeding crickets, let me know. I've been keeping them for a while and there a few things you can do to increase your success.

JESTERx626

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd save your money if I were you. I use vegetables and fruit to provide water for all my feeder roaches (3 colonies), feeder crickets, and mealworms. This is a much cheaper alternative as mentioned above. If you want some tips for breeding crickets, let me know. I've been keeping them for a while and there a few things you can do to increase your success.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to go ahead and use the product mentioned above, since I bought it already a few weeks ago. But once its all used up i'll follow your advice on veggies and fruits.:)

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
By all means, if you have it just laying around use it. I've used it in the past for my roaches. One good thing about it is that they won't drown in it. A water dish with something for them to climb on (pebbles, etc.) or fruits and vegs are fine for a moisture source if you don't want to keep buying the Fluker's.

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use it, and will keep using it and ill tell you why. I got a bottle about 3 months ago and its still full, its basically its water jelly crystals so you can add water to it. I only use enough to cover the bottom of the bowl and then add bottled water to fill the bowl. I even add water to the Flukers bottle. at the rate im going it will last me a year or pretty close to it. Way cheaper that using fruit imo, comes out to about a dollar a month, how you beat that :D