What's the most times you've seen a dude spider do a chick spider in one session (insertions)?

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I saw this this morning and I thought it would forsure been deleated by the mods by now...They must be warming to you...LOL.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think my C. elegans mm set the high bar at just over 3 straight hours of being hooked up with the female with a palp change about every 4-5 minutes.

Franklin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well this thread is up, what does the actual insetion look like?

i have pair'd genic, and parayhbana, and both looked good, and the pedipalps have looked connected, but is there something special to look for?

also the parayhbana were paired for over an hour, and hook up and seperated about 10 times, but kept going back for more

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'll have to defer to Rochelle for a video review, but back when we mated some of her bracypelmas (emilia I believe), the male went to town like he was Rocky on a speed bag. It's gotta be way up there, certainly WAY more than I've ever seen before or since.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
"What's the most times you've seen a dude spider do a chick spider in one session (insertions)?"

Seldom have I heard it put so poetically!!{D :razz:

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think my C. elegans mm set the high bar at just over 3 straight hours of being hooked up with the female with a palp change about every 4-5 minutes.
A lot of hit and miss? :? I thought that an ideal insertion discharged all of the sperm stored in one palp? :confused: ...correct me if I'm wrong.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
A lot of hit and miss? :? I thought that an ideal insertion discharged all of the sperm stored in one palp? :confused: ...correct me if I'm wrong.
Males will mate several times before spinning a new sperm web and refilling the bulbs. I don't think anyone knows exactly how much sperm is deposited with each insertion.

inbntly

Arachnopeon
Males will mate several times before spinning a new sperm web and refilling the bulbs. I don't think anyone knows exactly how much sperm is deposited with each insertion.
This thread has surprised me, I figured it would get deleted by a mod, I think this is turning into something that could be considered educational. :clap:

I've read a lot about T's and even have The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, but can't say I've read much on the details in breeding. Looking forward to more being added to this thread.