Anadenobolus monilicornis (bumblebee millipede) teeny babies plus molt pics of ghana and bumblebee

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had discovered little eggs in my bumblebee pedes enclosure a while back. Well today I noticed that those "eggs" are now moving!

I also discovered my eyesight seems to be getting bad, lol. But these guys are SMALL! I mean, so small I was mistaking them for mites at one point.

I think I posted the pic before, but I caught one of my bumblebees molting, and a few days ago one of my ghana red banded pedes was molting as well. It was a rare treat because I NEVER see my pedes molt!

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not into millipedes as much as centipedes, but that "bumble bee" variation is very appealing. I just MAY have to get some now...Are they hard to rear/care for?

Awesome molting pics too, man. I enjoyed looking.

jme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
omg there so small and cute i love millipedes

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hehe, thanks! They're not hard to care for as far as I can tell. They eat like hogs though compared to my other millipede species (mostly oak leaves).

I keep them in a smaller tupperware with a heat pad on the side of it, a few holes drilled in towards the top, and lots of substrate with hardwood mulch, aspen chips, oak leaves, etc, mixed into it.