The Horn

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have you guys tried touching your C.Darlingi's horn?

Sorry, just curious.:p

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes i have, why? If the answer you are looking for is, is it hard or soft, then its hard. :)

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ha ha :slapsknee:

So is it one of those kind of things that just no one knows?

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nobody really knows. I've heard a few different theories but AFAIK nothing has been proven.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"which is thought to aid the spider with increased food storage, much needed in the dry scrubland where they naturally exist (note that the horn is less developed in mature males)."

Isn't their stomach in their abdomen though? Not their uh ... Carapace? (had to look that up lol)

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Isn't their stomach in their abdomen though? Not their uh ... Carapace? (had to look that up lol)
The expression you're looking for is prosoma (also called cephalothorax, which is incorrect BTW), the carapace is just what's on the top of it. The sucking stomach is located in the prosoma, they also store food in the prosoma. If you're interested in learning about digestion in spiders, click here.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh I see. Thank you for the link. Will read.

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have never heard that it was used for extra storage? :confused: It is located right where the central apodeme is normally located. The central apodeme is one of the main attachment points for a Ts muscles. I thought that perhaps the horn allowed for more surface area for muscle attachment.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL. I thought it was an antenna to communicate with the mothership and doubles to improve the reception of XM satellite radio stations. A huge improvement over the previous internal antennae.

It's a speial sensory organ they use to hear the sound of one hand clapping.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL. I thought it was an antenna to communicate with the mothership and doubles to improve the reception of XM satellite radio stations. A huge improvement over the previous internal antennae.
they are just try to full you........ thats exactly what them horns are for........lol