Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Picked this girl up today. Traded some stripetails that I caught for it.
Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's awesome. the markings on the carapace seem unusually pronounced.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Very interesting markings...I have never seen one with such pronounced dark band between the two sections before.

Do others in the area show the same dark band?

Looks like little devil horns ;P

John
];')

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A friend of mine actually caught these down by Yuma. A lot of the one's he has gotten from there have had similar markings.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
A friend of mine actually caught these down by Yuma. A lot of the one's he has gotten from there have had similar markings.
I wonder if it's just a colormorph or a subspecies...or a seperate species for that matter....Probably just a colormorph.

I'm curious to see what Dave thinks about it...or if he has seen this coloration...I know I haven't.

Very cool though.

John
];')

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i cant see any pictures on photobucket but my arizonensis x pallidus mix had black markings on it. Would be interesting to compare when i get home

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
According to this picture, they can be found in my area.

Type Locality: 26 mi E San Luis, Sonora, Mexico.
Distribution: Now a junior synonym of H. arizonensis arizonensis (Fet, Soleglad, & Barker 2001), it is basically a color variant of the nominate subspecies usually restricted to sandy regions. Arizona: Pima, La Paz, and Yuma counties, from Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument to Yuma and Parker; California: Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties, in Colorado Desert Subdivision of the Sonoran Desert.
Mexico: Northwestern Sonora and Baja California Norte, and Patos Island.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure look in the classified section, use the search. I have normals for sale, but If I found these I would probably keep them for breeding projects.
Good luck. These guys are not esy to breed. Don't beleive I've heard of any successful rearing of desert hairy young.