How long is the molting phase (pre-molt to molt)?

FireGuyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought a 3-inch B. Vagans in May 5, when I first got it it had a bald spot. My tarantula isn't doing much other than staying under it's burrow (and it block the exit too). From the information I gathered, it's going through a pre-molt phase. So how long does it take for the tarantula to finally molt?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you click on the link in my signature, post #4 has plenty of good links with information about the premolt and molting process. ;)

That period of time is always a variable, there is no set molting schedule. It could be anywhere from days to weeks to months.:)

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That period of time is always a variable, there is no set molting schedule. It could be anywhere from days to weeks to months.:)
That is absolutely true. The key thing is to be patient. Your T knows what its doing and when the time'll be right for a molt. :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep, the answer I always give is that "it takes as long as it takes." Looking for specific timelines is only going to frustrate and upset you when your tarantula doesn't agree with some human's suggestion of precisely three and a half weeks or whatever. {D