The Cutest Snake I've Ever Seen!

MorbidPh8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My dad caught this little guy while at work. He brought it back to me so I could take some pics. Its so small I would love to keep him but feeding would be a pita. So he will be back at home shortly. This is a Western Thread Snake (Leptotyphlops humilis)

My g/f who hates snakes fell in love with this little guy.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
dude, that is AWESOME!!! i bet they are pretty hard to feed and take care of, not that i would know though... anyone had experience keeping them?

MorbidPh8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My field guide says they eat ants, ant larva, and termites. Maybe could eat pin head crickets. They burrow so I doubt you'll see them much.

Onagro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice find! If you do keep it, you may want to culture some springtails to keep it fed. There was one in a local pet shop and that was all it would eat.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hah, cool snake.

My field guide says they eat ants, ant larva, and termites. Maybe could eat pin head crickets. They burrow so I doubt you'll see them much.
I bet they can eat crix, roaches, mealies, and red wigglers.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
that thing looks waaaay too small to eat crix or roaches no matter what the size.

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
now THAT would be a snake i'd own if i would get into snakes. don't see that happening tho. the closest i ever gotten to having a "snake" was when i was growing up in germany and was watching blindschleichen (blind worms/slow worms) anguis fragilis, which are actually legless lizards.

agama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awesome snake...at first i hought it was a brahminy blind snake

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found a nice size adult under a huge log last time I was in AZ. It was a great find! I wouldn't keep it if I was you. WC reptiles are a pain.

MorbidPh8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I didn't keep him he was released.. It would of been to much work to feed it ants and termites... lol That adult is cool.

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh that's good to hear! Yeah its was a very nice find, made my day.