My Popping T's!?

NEMESIS_112

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My versicolor webbed the lid of the vile today. I took it off to feed it and didnt notice. So he came out of the vile, while I was handling him he squirted some white stuff from his abdomen which im guessing its poop. Yesterday when i transfered him to his new vile i was handling him and he pooped yesterday as well. It was more like a squirt of poop. Its wierd. Do all T's poop on you? and he is only a sling, what happens when he grows up and the poop is more of a significant size? Also, when i bought my C. Fasicatum sling, my friends dad (bigSam) was handling him and he also pooped on him. Thats why i named him Krap-E :D

Do all T's do that? Do they do it for a reason? Is it like walking a dawg, the T's think im taking them for a walk and they start pooping. Is it a defense mechanism?

wierd.

Adrian

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think its an avic defense mechanism. maybe it applies to other t's at well? im not sure. but the avics are notorious for it

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yup

Avics are well known for that. I wonder if an avic has got any one in the eye. What would the reaction be? I'm guessing they aim at the eyes, but then again they can't see. Avics poop just because they're nervous or scared, like a human having that feeling in their stomach when they are nervous so they puke...that's my theory.

well any ways, T's like to poop on people, just like birds i guess.

Any ways have a nice day

geo

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you know

come to think about it, I came with a conclution. Since the term Avicularia does mean Small bird, and birds poop on people....oh see where I'm getting at?

coincidence? I THINK NOT!;P =D

have a nice day

geo

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
I dont know the reactions in the eyes but it tastes awfull!
:eek:

BLECH!

You're not supposed to LICK it! =D

Greensleeves

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Sometimes you get a warning notice - the abdomen will get raised in the air JUST before they do it. If you're quick, you can point out the window or onto the wall, or whatever. Sometimes that stuff can get some distance too.

Bill

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
I dont know the reactions in the eyes but it tastes awfull!
ewwwwwww your not supposed to eat it!!

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And it's not just the slings that do it. I have an adult female A. avic that has always done that to me ever since i got her as a sub-adult.

I watch her closely, she will warn me by raising up her abdomen and I TRY to point her in a harmless direction before she shoots.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I read the thread title and thought your Ts were exploding or something.... I was a bit worried :)
Then I thought that you had a bunch of Ts with eggsacs....and that would be awesome..
Come to find out...it's all about POOP!!!

OB-1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah.. ive been hit by my A. avi and A. versicolor. wasn't a fun experience.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
grainy

Actually - I don't mind getting hit w/my arborials poo.... Once it hits fabric, it kinda hardens up into a sand-like consistency, and you can just brush it off. That is MUCH better than dealing w/nasty bird crap.

I normally consider the first time my T's poop on me a "bonding" moment. =D