Brachycybe Millipedes

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been wanting to find Brachycybe millipedes for quite some time. I need a small detrivore for some of my tanks that won't become lunch for my tinier scorpion species (that max out at 1 cm). I thought these guys could do the trick. Does anyone know anything about them and where I can grab a few? Thanks :)

Here's a pic of one species.

Onagro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A friend of mine found these outside a neighborhood here. He is raising them in rubbermaid containers with peat, dead leaves, and rotten wood. They are alive and active, but no breeding yet. I have some too, but I have only had them for 4 days.

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How many of you are keeping Brachycybe sp. now?

I just received a small group of them and I'd love to correspond with others maintaining them.

David

buddah4207

Arachnoknight
I'm currently keeping a small group. Although the were just recently set up, so not much yet.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had no luck keeping these cool little guys alive. I wish you better luck and hope I can learn stuff from this thread!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried looking for some of these when I was in their native range this summer. I didn't find any. However, Peter at BugsinCyberspace often has them available, and mentions on the website that his are reproducing.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really awesome that someone is keeping these! Keep us posted on how they do and how you keep them. Would love to get some sometime :)

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had no luck keeping these cool little guys alive. I wish you better luck and hope I can learn stuff from this thread!
Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong with your attempt? Temp, humidity, food?

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong with your attempt? Temp, humidity, food?
No clue. I kept them the same as all my others, but I didn't know much about their environment or life cycle. My best guess was that all the ones I'd received were adults and near the end of their lifespan, but I have absolutely nothing to back that up.