dougle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone out there put there T Blond's in a rack system , something like a
Vision Products rack systems?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe those are designed more for snakes anyway.

I see no point in using them for blondis, and yes, you'd probably get escapees.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I believe those are designed more for snakes anyway.

I see no point in using them for blondis, and yes, you'd probably get escapees.
Yeah, no kidding. They would make a big splat when they hit the floor also.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
of all the species this might work for, T. blondi makes the least sense. They need decent cages. I could see keep some more docile species like this, in a custom made rack that was escape proof (very doable)... but housing T's, especially this species in a rack system seems like a bad idea.

dougle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I disagree

I own a Vision rack for balls , and there is know way a T Blondi could get out of these , they are of course built for snakes so there is know room for them to get out due to that fact ,the rack are built escape proof for and they is know way a T Blondi could climb the vertical plastic tub walls either.

redsaw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think it could work, You would just have to watch the T when opening them. If a snake cant escape from the racks then a T shouldnt be able to.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I own a Vision rack for balls , and there is know way a T Blondi could get out of these , they are of course built for snakes so there is know room for them to get out due to that fact ,the rack are built escape proof for and they is know way a T Blondi could climb the vertical plastic tub walls either.
Then why did you post asking about it if you're just going to disagree and do it anyway?

And a blondi can climb the 'vertical plastic tub walls', too. I don't know why you would think they can't.

jme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if they can climb glass and walls what stops them from climbing a little plastic tub :?

BiologicalJewels

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would agree on the fact that the rack-system might work. They in fact are put together in an escape-proof way. Plus, I would have asked in order to get opinions as well, no reason why one has to do what other people in the forum say has to be done, that's the beauty of the hobby ;).

Good luck,

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if you could make sure the t's all had burrows or retreats i think it might be able to work

however, that type of cage looks like it has quite a bit of ventilation which means keeping the cages moist enough for blondi is going to take a bit of doing

and if you have t's that don't retreat when you open their lid it could get pretty hairy

also, if you get a mom with a sac you are going to have to move and shake her cage everytime you want to open it

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not sure why you would want this setup anyway, since the plastic isn't transparent and you wouldn't be able to really watch your T unless you disturbed it by sliding out the container everytime:?