Can anyone get through to this idiot?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These vids have been extensively explored in several threads. i personally am not a fan but there are camps for and against feeding live mice.

I think giving them piles of exposure only fuels the group of people who do it purely for attention.

Other than the mouse in the vid, the enclosure appears all wrong as well. Bah.:clap:

Franklin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought they were supposed to have 8 eyes *pause* 8 legs... brilliant

Amenagerie

Arachnopeon
These vids have been extensively explored in several threads. i personally am not a fan but there are camps for and against feeding live mice.

I think giving them piles of exposure only fuels the group of people who do it purely for attention.

Other than the mouse in the vid, the enclosure appears all wrong as well. Bah.:clap:
Very good points.

I'm no expert on whether or not to feed mice, but I'd say only feeding your spider once a year, no matter what the prey, is ridiculous.

Hopefully his exposure will bring about a change. One can hope, right??

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Didn't bother with the link...Only pushes their hit-rate up. Everytime someone posts one of these mouse feeding vids on here you're guarenteed a bunfight!

Oh well.....*cracks open a beer and a bag of popcorn and settles down*

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Didn't bother with the link...Only pushes their hit-rate up. Everytime someone posts one of these mouse feeding vids on here you're guarenteed a bunfight!

Oh well.....*cracks open a beer and a bag of popcorn and settles down*
Haha yeah, these always devolve down pretty fast :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
These videos where the size of the rat is a little on the obnoxious side reminds me of my friends, who are in their 20's, suggesting I let my T's fight it out.:mad: Like I don't care for my T's like pets and want to treat them like pitbulls or something which is just perposterous. Like someone said earlier sometimes you just can't fix stupid.:wall:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oi Yoy Yoy!

There are just some ppl that words will never reach. I can't tell you how many times robc and even me have left comments for these idiots.

Only a matter of time before this kid goes crying, "Why are my T's legs all goopy!!?" :wall:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I see little wrong with how that feeding went aside from the size of the mouse. Personally, when I offer a rodent as a treat it's always a pup rat. No chance of the rat attacking the T at that point.

The worst thing I see about that guy is that it appears that he feeds mice exclusively to his T and only once a year. Positively retarded.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I see little wrong with how that feeding went aside from the size of the mouse. Personally, when I offer a rodent as a treat it's always a pup rat. No chance of the rat attacking the T at that point.

The worst thing I see about that guy is that it appears that he feeds mice exclusively to his T and only once a year. Positively retarded.
I see nothing wrong with feeding a small ratpup to large T blondi once a year but only as a treat but you need to feed large roaches every few weeks too (it is not crule it's natural I have snakes and reptiles that only eat mice = food chain at work)

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Exactly. I feed a varied diet throughout the year - crickets, roaches, mealworms, silkworms, etc. Pretty much any feeder insect I can get my hands on (mostly crickets and roaches though).

Rat pups are a very rare treat for only my largest Ts and only if they haven't eaten for a very long time and their abdomens aren't super plump.

The last time I fed a pup was about two years ago to my female A. seemanni.

I see nothing wrong with feeding a small ratpup to large T blondi once a year but only as a treat but you need to feed large roaches every few weeks too (it is not crule it's natural I have snakes and reptiles that only eat mice = food chain at work)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Moderator's Note

The type of threads have been done to death. There's always going to be people making these types of videos and nothing you say is going to change that, unfortunately.

There's really no need to continue this conversation. It is just going to turn ugly eventually (as others have in the past).

Thread is closed. Do NOT start another one.

Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.