VERY underated spiders ;]

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think this species gets quite the attention it deserves..
Absolutely beautiful spiders!After molting they sport an awesome jet black coloration.
Here's a newly molted Chilobrachys dyscolus female enjoying a dubia male

thanks for looking!
-Chris

blix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The color is amazing. Almost dark blue in the last picture, or is that because of the light?

How big is it, and how's the temperament? :worship:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks!These spiders can be heavily defensive if disturbed.Often holding a threat posture for long periods of time.I've also seen them stridulate on several occasions.This is a large female close to I would guess 6.5-7" legspan.In person they truly look jet black!
-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not one that is ready Sean but if all go's well in about a years time we might see some CB dyscolus produced here ;]

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Chris,
I think I like it, very pretty,
that is all I need to get in to nudder genus :eek:
I just dont have enough spiderz :rolleyes:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Beautiful spider for sure! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Coremiocnemis sp "Malaysian Blackvelvet" adult female just molted the other day and she is the same way. JET JET JET velvety dark black lol. Nice pics and nice spider!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My Coremiocnemis sp "Malaysian Blackvelvet" adult female just molted the other day and she is the same way. JET JET JET velvety dark black lol. Nice pics and nice spider!
Thanks!I have a nice group of those I will have to let you know when some males mature ;]

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you don't mind Chris I am going to post a couple pics! These are the best ones I could get seanbond, she was NOT happy to see me as usual.

And yeah Chris I would love to use a male but unfortunately mine has the "hernia"/"blister" things typical of some wildcaught specimens. They are going away but VERY slowly. You can clearly see them on her abdomen in the pic. They are actually less visible when she's fat with food. Maybe once they are gone I could breed her but until then I think I'll hold off :(

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both species shown in this thread look brilliant! Thanks very much for sharing these :D

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
CodeWilste

kewl sp man! never seen one of those, hopefully that lil itch will clean up for her