I'm in Florida and I need help!

hannah

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I lurked on this site for awhile now, but I finally need to post. Hope you all can help me.

I have about 20 (counting just makes me want to get more) T's. All diff sizes and species. BUT my boyfriend and I are moving to New Zealand to attend graduate school and here is my problem. They don't allow tarantulas. Period. None.

soooo....I made plans to pass my collection on to a friend and have her care for them until I came back to the states (in about 5 years). But now she told me that she will only take 2 or 3 as she just doesn't have space. :(

so my question is, what do I do with the rest of them? I want to make sure that they go to people who will love them and care for them and not let them die like our local pet shop does with their rosies...

so I guess what I am asking is, would anyone be willing to buy spiders from me? I will post a list and pics if people are interested. Also, I would really prefer if I could sell them semi-local as I'm really nervous about trying to ship them. I have some great setups that I could include for free if it could be a hand-off exchange.

anyway, let me know what you guys think and I'll get on listing my darlings and taking their pictures.

hannah

Arachnopeon
ok, after some discussion with the boyfriend, these are the spiders we want to sell. (we just can't bear to part with some and we're gonna find a way)

5 in. Adult Female Mexican Bloodleg (Amphanopuloma bicoloratum) $80
4 in. Adult Female Costa Rican Tiger Rump (Cyclosternum fasciatum) $50
3 in. unsexed Brazilian Red and White (Nhandu coloratovillosus) $20
3 in. unsexed Haitian Brown (Phormictopus cancerides) $20
4 Singapore Blue (Lampropelma Violaceopes) all about 2 in. $60 each
6-7 in. Adult Female Giant White Knee (Acanthoscurria geniculata) $40
6 in. Adult Female Fringed Ornamental (Poecilotheria ornate) $100
(she is missing 1 leg from her molt before last, but it looks like she'll be molting again soon)

please let me know if my prices are outrageous or something. i usually just buy em, not sell em. :D

and bob, if you can somehow meet me in sunny florida, i will give you the whole lot, including some awesome terrarium setups for $500

hannah

Arachnopeon
Melbourne

sorry, i guess i should have included that :eek:

i am willing to drive a bit to meet people though, especially up towards the north as we go cave diving in the Gainesville area. but pretty much anywhere is fine.

also, i should have some pics up shortly if anyone wants to see them. trying to move to another country is super time consuming, so sorry for the delay.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I sure am wishing I lived in Fl right now. I would love to have the aphonopelma bicoloratum.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will take the Female White Knee Acanthoscurria Geniculata for $40.. I also live in FL and can work something out.. I live in Ocala and that is about 25-30 min from gainesville but can meet you in Daytona Beach or something like that..

Kris

Last edited:

hannah

Arachnopeon
I will take the Female White Knee Acanthoscurria Geniculata for $40.. I also live in FL and can work something out.. I live in Ocala and that is about 25-30 min from gainesville but can meet you in Daytona Beach or something like that..

Kris
sorry i had already sold that...

list of what is sold so far:

6-7 in. Adult Female Giant White Knee (Acanthoscurria geniculata) $40
4 in. Adult Female Costa Rican Tiger Rump (Cyclosternum fasciatum) $50
3 in. unsexed Brazilian Red and White (Nhandu coloratovillosus) $20

hannah

Arachnopeon
Ok! the 5 in. Adult Female Mexican Bloodleg (Amphanopuloma bicoloratum) is SOLD as well

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I lose!! That would have been a freakin sweet deal.. Kudos to who ever bought it!~!

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would post an ad in the For Sale section. Your thread is going to get locked any minute now.