Worst thing ever!!

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well guys,I got some horrible news.

Last monday evening my house burned down,along with everything in it.

I hate to say I lost all my pede's.

My malaysian jewel,one arizonensis,two banded arizonensis,my polymorpha which I caught at work,my first pede charlie a dehanni,a pedeling dehanni and two castaniceps which I got from galapaheros.

I told the fireman to grab as many tanks as they could,and believe it or not one the banded was alive along with the pedeling dehanni,but they were dead the next day.

It has been a overwelming situation to say the least.

Just needed to tell people people that understand what it like to loose there "insects" as everyone else ive told calls them.

Not much else to say

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man that sucks so bad....Man I am so sorry for you. But try to look no the bright side you are still here....could have been asleep while the house was burnin. I know it sucks but you can replace them good luck my friend

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats a terrible story.I feel your pain.When your ready to start your collection again.I have a S. Alternans-the Haitian Giant you can have.It's only 5" and but very healthy.Just a lttle something to help get your collection started again.Just PM me when your ready for it.

Last edited:

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I d be more worried about my house burning than 5 pedes.. Not that those aint important but still..
So i am sorry about your house..

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At least you are alive!! Sorry to hear the sad news. LMK when you get back on your feet and I'll send you a few freebie pedes to get you back in the game.

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So sorry for your losses! I know what its like, 9 years ago we loss everything to a house fire a week before christmas and it was a very rough time. Thankfully all of you were able to get out of the house. Keep your head up things will get better.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh man, I missed this thread. That's not good and is something I worry about too, but we just keep going. My perception about "stuff" has changed over the years though. It all goes back to the ground sooner or later, ..better that later than sooner though!!! That's a surprise and sorry to hear it. You can replace the bugs though and might be kind of fun to do in a way. Y'all going to rebuild there?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man i'm also really sorry to hear this.
a fire is 1 of the worst things that can happen to you

sorry for your losses

moose

p.s. satellite rob that is really cool of you..

Last edited:

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys

Yeah,we're going to rebiuld.Thankfully we are over insured,although the insurance is already trying to play game's so we hired a company who specializes in this type of thing and they are going to handle everything from here on out which will allow us to get back to normal as much as possible.They are also finding us a furnished house thats the same size as ours was,instead of living in a condo or townhouse.

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Words cannot express my sympathy for you.

I'm terribly sorry, man.

How did the fire start? Any ideas?

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No idea how it caused it,but it started in the garage which was full of car stuff,paint and gun cleaning stuff.Along with all the crap that we never unpacked since we moved in six years ago.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear the bad news,but at least you and your family are still here which is the most important thing.Everything else can be replaced over time.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I always figured some of the soil dwelling critters would survive a fire but it sounds like everything would die. I could give you a little polymorpha or a house centipede but the rest are just my personal collection these days.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sorry to hear about your loses, but glad that you and your family made it out safe. It's a good thing that you guys bought insurance. It sucks to lose your sentimental things, but I am sure that everything else can easily be replace with money.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW!!! That's awful Dude!
Terrible about the 'pedes, but really, best news is that you and your loved ones made it out alright.
I can't imagine how you must feel.

Best of luck with everything and starting a new collection! Great that so many here are willing to help out... :) :clap: