Iams guilty of cruelty?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I found a sticker on a lamp post of a puppy behind bars...

It said "Iams kills cats & dogs in 'nutritional' experiments..."

The site

Do you think theres truth to it ? IM concerned because I love cats and I care for dogs welfare and Id hate to think that I was paying for animals to be treated badly so my cat could eat! :(

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Again, another Peta site.

Peta seems to have attacked every single pet company and major store out there. Especially Petco

Iams might do this, but Peta exaggerates almost everything. They are a bit crazy, but somewhat humorous sometimes.

But if they did do tests and stuff which they probably do, arent you glad they do the tests before distributing it to millions of dogs and cats worldwide?

I sometimes think Peta makes stuff up. this is the poorest evidence ive ever seen. There is something wrong with peta. I think they just make a fuss on everything so they can end up suing the people and make a few bucks.

My advice would be to keep buying Iams, and forget about what Peta has to say.

Now that I look, it just happens to be PETA’s Worldwide Week of Action against KFC.
http://www.kfccruelty.com/actionsept.html

Last edited:

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah I hate peta. they only care about the cute fluffy animals. like you can't feed a kitten to a snake but you can feed a rat. myself I don't see the difference. not that I would feed a kitten to a snake but it the fact that they actually discrimenate against ugly animals

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Actually, PETA has raised some fuss about feeding rats to snakes as well, due to it being something about cruelty to rats. In fact, I remember a certain case a few years ago, where PETA boycotted a certain movie, where a man fed a maggot to an orphaned bird in his pocket, because he violated the maggot's right to live.

Bry

Tzatch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What does PETA want us to feed the animals then? A stuffed mouse? How do they rationalize these things?

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They rationalize it by saying we shouldn't have animals as pets, or experiment on them, or eat them, or wear them... we should have absolutely nothing to do with them. Which is rather absurd. Then they go and give money to groups like ALF which slaughter thousands of animals in the name of "freeing" them. Highly silly to me.

Rav

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a sudden urge to go release some mink. :rolleyes: and what the hell were they trying to prove with that video? Next time tell em to try night vision;) It's all bull crap.... but whatever

~~~Psycho~~~

oh and about that whole rat thing... The guy that runs the local pet store around here had a lady try to sell him some guinea pigs and he didn't have room. I told him i'd take them for food, but he said she wouldn't allow it because she "loves" her animals. She "collects" rats and 2 of them sleep with her. =D

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One thing that really pisses me off is when people have crocodile purses, fox & chinchilla coats, snake shoes...all that...I'd kill both the people who killed the animal and the purchaser of the item if it was legal...but then again if killing people was legal...oh boy...

Jake

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
In some cases, animal cruelty cases are probably true, and I dont like animal cruelty. It pisses me off!

I DO agree, PETA does go overboard!

A maggots right to live ?! The bird would have eaten it from its mother if it was still in the nest! What are they going to do, turn animals into veggetarians.

I dont like the fact that they DO try to turn the entire world into veggetarians. It'll never happen unless something bad happens to the entire world supply of animals, and in that case were screwed.

I only eat chickens and turkeys anyway.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Heh, PETA was something I always ignored in the past, just because I figured they were over zealous treehuggers.

After reading a bit about Peta, though, I'm lead to believe they're all fools following one giant walking psychopath that needs to be put away.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/896551/posts (Absolute must read)

Even if Iams does exactly what Peta says they're doing, I still have more respect for them than I do Peta.

trucemo

Arachnopeon
Peta may go overboard sometimes, I aggree. But you should not disregard what they are saying. I do not eat meat because of the way the animals are slaughtered- live pigs dumped into boiling water, squealing cows getting their heads caught in conveyer belts, malnutritioned animals.... If there was a more humane way to slaughter, I would eat meat. And I didn't take Peta's word for it- I've spent some time visiting some slaughter houses and chicken farms and such. After you see the terror.... it's hard to eat meat again.

And cows milk? Sorry, but thats something I just dont get. We're not cows. We're humans. Why don't we artificially impreganate young women and drink people milk, like we're supposed to?? Adults aren't meant to drink milk- cows or humans anyway. Animals get weaned for a reason. Why are we so special that we get to drink milk meant for young cows, and push the young cows aside to be slaughtered and not even used?

Testing is terrible. Iams especially... They stick POLES through cats heds, and see if the cats who are fed Iams live longer. There are ways of cloning bits of human skin, so why do we need to test hairspray on rabbits? You're lucky you were born as a person, rather than an animal.

Plus-Slaugtering and some types of testing pollute the enviroment. Most of our clean water goes to raising cows

Sorry if I offended anyone... Rant over.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's kinda funny people bring up PETA. I watched a show a couple weeks back and one representative of peta claimed the KFC is worse than Nazi germany cus they are responsible for more deaths of chickens than people who died during the holocaust.

I just can't take any organization serious when they talk out of their back sides.

Sm0k3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry, but in no way do I ever compare Chickens to Humans. Sorry.. I just CANT. I could care less what you believe in, god, evolution... Chickens don't supply the job you have.. or the house you live in, the cars you drive, and the city you live in.

I'm tired of hearing PETA crap asking why we dont kill off humans because of overpopulation and let wild cougars continue to attack people and their live stock. I don't support the ELF, ALF, OR PETA.

Oh... I love meat by the way.. chicken, steak, porkchops... MMM so delicious! Chicken nuggets arent half bad with some sweet and sour sauce either =D

P-Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Every one knows that the vegetables scream when you pull them out of the ground or when you chop their stalk off.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Words cannot describe how much i hate PETA. Because of them, anyone who thinks that non-human animals (yes, i am calling humans animals, because give me one freaking piece of evidence that says we are NOT!) deserve any shred of respect is labeled as a freak, a whack job. How DARE I think that because we wear products made from their skin and eat their flesh to live that cows should be treated with respect instead of called stupid and worthless. I must be completely insane. How in the world could i think that chickens dont deserve to live out their life in crowded, disease ridden, and painful conditions because they arent human. I dont believe in not killing animals for food. I kill plenty of animals for food, but I kill them quick and fast, I dont waste them, and they are completely free before i catch them. PETA would call me a murderer. They need to get some priorities.