Copperhead Photos...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I visited a friend of mine who owns a really nice Copperhead recently, so we decided to take her outside for a photo shoot....I am blown away every time I see this animal.....she is HUGE (easily 4.5' and girthy) and is absolutely awesome to work with (does not strike or put up a fight at all)....she recently lost the tip of her tail due to an unfortunate cage-door accident but she is still gorgeous IMO. Enjoy the pics!

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good god!!! That has to be the most beautiful copperhead I've ever seen! I'm diggin' how light she is.

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is a beautiful copper head.And i have to agree about the light color with the yellowish head and almost a salmon tint makes her stunning.Those are also some great pictures of her and you aren`t kidding when you said she is huge because she is a monster.Thanks for sharing these.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Glad you all liked the pics....I love photographing venomous herps.....bar none my favorite critters to shoot.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is easily one of the most beautiful Copperheads I've ever seen! It's nice that she is so calm, since most of the Coppers I've dealt with personally have been very high-strung snakes, matched only by Pygmy Rattlers in nervousness and tendency to strike. Still, it's hard to beat their looks, as this one proves.

I was wondering, though, if I could borrow these pics or if you can provide a link to their permanent place on the 'web, to serve as an illustration of what a Copperhead looks like, especially since you have pics of many different angles, including head-on. You see, I'm on a photo-and-art site, Deviant Art, and if I had a penny for every dweeb who posted a photo of a Water Snake, Corn Snake, DeKay's Snake(yes, I'm serious), or other non-venomous species, labeling it "COPPERHEAD", and then argued that this is indeed what is was, I could balance the Federal budget AND bail out all the auto companies and still have some "mad money" left over to play with! I've looked for sites on the internet with multiple-angle shots of Copperheads, but can't find any. Most just have one stock photo pic of one angle, far away and without detail. You pics are perfect for showing comparitive differences between a real Copperhead and various species of non-venomous snakes, most of which I have myself.

pitbulllady

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure, you are more than welcome to use the pics for that purpose, all I ask is credit for taking them. Any help I can be in educating people is a good thing IMO. :)

Just keep in mind that she is a way above average looking specimen of the Southern subspecies, so somebody in the Northern/Broad-Banded/Trans Pecos/Osage subspecies areas would likely encounter a much different looking snake.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah Dave, I've seen my share of copperheads and that is by far the prettiest! Almost looks hypo.

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I lived in Texas I used to always catch these, and I have never, NEVER, seen a color like that.

Seems to be the mutual agreement stated by others, but I just had to chime in.

I've caught easily 30+ of these as a youngster, and they were always darker.

And, definitely, not calm like you mentioned.

For a snake that pretty, to be docile as well, just blows my mind with envy and jealousy.:clap: :clap:

Was that a purchase from your friend or did he catch her?

If bought, was the price tag modified to accommodate for its beauty? I could easily see a higher price tag for that specimen!

edit - that has to be a 1 in 1000 copperhead, or some outrageous ratio. BREED HER/HIM and PM me!!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WHOA! proof of evolution! haha, kiddin. It's so big and unsusual looking, almost looks like some weird sp I've never seen! That's a nice looking snake!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is a CBB '06 specimen of the Southern subspecies.....I believe her parents originated from South Carolina somewhere but I am not sure. I believe my friend said he paid $30 for her as a baby at one of the Hamburg, PA shows a couple years ago.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those are some very beautiful pictures. of a very beautiful snake

moose

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I thought it was a good price myself, lol.