grand daddy long legs??

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive heard so many stories about these harmless creatures and i want to hear from some experienced people or intellegent peeps. Some of the questions i have are:

How would someone know if their the most venomous spider in the U.S. if you cant get bit??

How would you get venom from them as in milking??

I heard if you smash them on a wooden floor their venom is strong enough to eat thru wood is that true??

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Daddy long legs technically arent even a spider, and they have absolutely no venom at all, totally harmless scavengers.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
no no no no & no.

harvestman are not venomous.
cellar spiders are hardly venomous at all.

that about covers both typical daddy long legs.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well i guess the internet lies and so do people i do not know who came up with that but they tricked me haha!! Well at least its off my mind thanks yall!!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Myths! If that thing about their venom were true, they would've burned through my container while I was smashing them up to feed wasp larvae.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Myths! If that thing about their venom were true, they would've burned through my container while I was smashing them up to feed wasp larvae.
yeah, and not to mention that if my knowledge serves me right, venom is designed to break down tissues and whatnot in living things, not acting as an acid that just eats through stuff. that myth makes absolutely no sense to me.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, i don't know of any spiders that use powerful acids... but there *are* arachnids... vinegaroons shoot acetic acid in high percentages

and some millipedes can spray horrifying mixtures of acids, quinones, and other quite toxic substances

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
and some millipedes can spray horrifying mixtures of acids, quinones, and other quite toxic substances
haha, that's for sure! while not bad at all, i found out that narceus millis will give some slight acid burns... :embarrassed:

:D