Tarantula Expo

s__i__v

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everyone! This is Krystal (the wife). I live in Western WI and my husband & I have been wanting to attend a Reptile/Tarantula "swap meet" "expo" really soon before we both start school again in the Fall (late september) and we don't have much for money due to the price of school books to travel far to one :8o :8o . Do any of you know where one is that is either in eastern MN or western WI??

Thank You!
Krystal

Stimpack

Arachnopeon
I live in Green Bay and I would also like to see one that deals heavily in T's. Im going to attend the reptile expo I found that is in madison.

cold blood

Staff member
Serwerfest is the only one I'm aware of, but its in SE WI.

Shopping is both less (much less) expensive and offers greater selection if you shop the classifieds here. I've shopped the classifieds a ton and have yet to have anything but an excellent experience.

WI isn't exactly a hotbed for the hobby.

Is there something specific you're looking for?

---------- Post added 07-26-2015 at 08:48 PM ----------

Im going to attend the reptile expo I found that is in madison.
When is it?:?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Expo's are mostly in big cities, where the people are, where the money is. They can't financially afford to have them where there's a small turnout. We're a specialized segment of animal keepers; there's far more reptile owners. The average person isn't going to spend $50+ on a 1/2" tarantula sling. If a smaller city has an Expo, they'll be even fewer tarantulas for sale and a small selection.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Contact Advan, there's a Minvert group of friends up in Minnesota, not sure where.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im going to attend the reptile expo I found that is in madison.
When is it?:?
The next Madison show will be held Sept. 13. We went to the spring show but they did not have any Ts. It isn't a very big show, mostly geckos and ball pythons. There is a Repticon that will be in Milwaukee August 22-23. That should be a bigger show that I hope would have spiders. Of course, there is the NARBC show in Chicago in October and March. Much bigger shows that will be much more likely to have spiders. I know Michael Jacobi said he will not be doing the October show, but I don't know if he will still be vending at the March show. That is the show he has the Arachnogathering, and that is a good event to attend if you can make it down that way.

cold blood

Staff member
The next Madison show will be held Sept. 13. We went to the spring show but they did not have any Ts. It isn't a very big show, mostly geckos and ball pythons. There is a Repticon that will be in Milwaukee August 22-23. That should be a bigger show that I hope would have spiders. Of course, there is the NARBC show in Chicago in October and March. Much bigger shows that will be much more likely to have spiders. I know Michael Jacobi said he will not be doing the October show, but I don't know if he will still be vending at the March show. That is the show he has the Arachnogathering, and that is a good event to attend if you can make it down that way.
Sewer fest is this coming weekend...Aug. 2

Its in Racine. On Hwy 20