• Tap Dechloronized

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other, describe

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does it matter what kind of water you use? For example, distilled, tap, spring, dechloronized. Post what you use. I've been using distilled but am not sure if it is necessary.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I make my own. Two parts H; one part O.

sorry, I couldn't resist. :eek: Regular ole tap water (I believe it's chlorinated too). I used to use bottled that started after a hurricane and just kept using it. I have since switched to Neuse river water out of the tap. :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used bottled water, either spring or distilled. The biggest reason for me was that it didn't leave as many water spots if I misted the walls of the tank. Honestly though, I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Triggerman73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the link. I tried searching but this seemed too broad for my searching abilities. I would still like everyone to leave their vote in the pole if you dont mind.
i feel the same way...no offense to you nor joe but you're lucky i got here before xhexdx did :p

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Filtered tap water usually. Sometimes I forget to turn on the filter on my faucet, and the t's get regularly leaded tap..oops! :8o

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brita filtered tap water is what I've switched to recently.

Only because there is high calcium in Guelph water. People get kidney stones here all the time from it.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We've already had debates about this recently (as you know by now), so I'm only going to say what I said before: I use tap water and I don't let it be for 24 hours or any other BS. It's really not necessary. It has NO ill effects on tarantulas.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bah, chlorinated tap is fine. The water sits around for a long time before they drink anyway and the chlorine is long gone by then.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bah, chlorinated tap is fine. The water sits around for a long time before they drink anyway and the chlorine is long gone by then.

Have you heard about the medications they have found in tap water? They don't evaporate and I doubt they are good for Ts. Probably what happened to Robs mutant slings! :eek:

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use distilled water. It doesn't matter for the tarantulas, but it leaves much less spotting on the terrarium sides than the local water. The alternative out here is well water, and I live in a limestone formation - water is incredibly hard. The spiders don't care, but if I mist or splash water on the sides of the terrariums, I soon have a container with white sides that can't be cleaned except with strong acid.

Chlorinated water isn't available where I live, but if I lived in town and had to use the stuff they pump through the pipes there, I'd probably use bottled water instead. Some years ago when Tucson switched from ground water to treated Colorado River water the chemicals they treated it with ate holes in the pipes of old houses. If it dissolves the plumbing, it can't be good for tarantulas. Nowadays they have adjusted the treatment process - so it's supposed to be better. But I'd still be doubtful. And distilled water is cheap enough that it's not a problem.

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bottled. The tap water we have where we live is apparently pretty nasty for drinking. When my fiance moved out here, there was a letter sent to all nearby residents warning that our water had amoebas in it, so yeah. We get our water else where, and my T's drink what I do.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i voted other.
i just use water from the toilet. its already cold and shoot its good enough for the dog so why not.

moose