Looking to Collect Native Scorpions

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have not seen many scorpions here in Georgia but I know they are out there. I have heard from several people saying Coweta County has some good populations of them. Anyone here from Georgia want to go on a native scorpion hunt?

John

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow you guys are lucky to have scorps and ts and snakes and what not there to go out and catch, here we dont have any reptiles no Tarantulas no scorps, nothing very exciting, just a fish and hunting season,

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. Hentzi is what you will mostly find. They are literally EVERYWHERE here in FL..

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow you guys are lucky to have scorps and ts and snakes and what not there to go out and catch, here we dont have any reptiles no Tarantulas no scorps, nothing very exciting, just a fish and hunting season,
man, i wish i can go fishing and hunting, especially for king salmon!;)

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm in North Georgia. I've been meaning to go out and look for some.

I am in Northwest Georgia about 50 miles west of Atlanta. I have seen a few scorpions here but not too many maybe cause they hide so well lol. One of the biggest ones I ever saw was found underneath a rail road cross tie in a flower bed. I did not have anything to put it in. I was looking for night crawlers when I found it for fish bait. I have seen any more since then. I have only seen about 3 in the wild the whole time I have lived here.

John