any ideas ?

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi all just want some info or pics would be better, at a show yesterday in uk they had some jumping spiders from u.s.a from florida if i remember right said its one of the largest types males were black black spots on abdomen females were a rust colour with white flecks not much of a discription but thought they might be local to some of you and you will know them,didnt buy any but who knows maybe soon :?

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Sounds a bit like a "Daring" jumping spider to me. Sorry, I can't remember the Latin :rolleyes:

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thanks old hag for that site looks to me like a phiddipus sp possibly regius but the search continues there was only a pic of a male could do with seeing a female as well thanks again :) ;) :)

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thanks mendi you have just settled that for me it is phiddipus regalis yes the pics have done it, now has anyone kept this sp :?

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
whoops

sorry about that its Phiddipus regius thinking of something else then :8o

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Yes, people do keep them. Just set up a smaller than usual arboreal type of enclosure, and feed with the appropriate sized crickets and you whouldn't have any trouble. I'm thinking a tall size 50 clear vial would work perfectly... Plus you can sit it near your pc so you can watch it watching you :D