Pet Store selling scorpions in Georgia

MarkG

Arachnopeon
Anyone know any good places to buy scorpions from in Georgia. Id rather be able to go pick them up myself to cut down on shipping cost.
Thx in advance

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
shipping cost

I hear the shipping thing. For real. I understand wanting to find a close store etc... But, something for you, and others reading this, to consider...

For the price of 2 emperor scorpions at your lps, you could probably have 3 or 4 shipped to you from here! Your lps might be buying from someone on here, or at very least, paying about the same prices. Your store will have to put on a 100%+ profit added to it. Plus, I would promise that your arachnids will have received top-notch care from people on here. That may or may not be the case with your lps.

I am not one of the LPS haters on here. I think they have their place, and some of them do a good job. (not many).

But overall, if I didn't live by zookeepers, I wouldn't go in any pet stores anymore. But they have a sloth! Come on! A sloth! :) ryan

MarkG

Arachnopeon
Yeah i know but thanks for the info. Ill look around in the classifieds to see if theres any good deals on androctonus bicolor or parabuthus transvaalicus cause those are what im looking for and i doubt most lps would have those in stock. But thanks angain

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
For the price of 2 emperor scorpions at your lps, you could probably have 3 or 4 shipped to you from here! Your lps might be buying from someone on here, or at very least, paying about the same prices. Your store will have to put on a 100%+ profit added to it.
Right mine has bought from me before and I get good deals out of him only cause I know them. Anyways he said he pays $4.00 each for adult emps and sells at $8. Petco charges $16 each here.:eek:

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Zookeepers, which I love btw, has emps right now at $16, $25 for the big 'uns.
The big ones are huge. But that's retail for ya. They do have a lot of expenses. They always have 4 employees working. Lights, food, rent, insurance, etc, etc... I understand their markup. I really do. And for someone who just wants to get a couple of emps, it's perfect. I mean really, how many austinites would know if I had emps? Not many. Plus, I do enjoy running down the road to my house to pick up a new scorpling or t. :)
But they can't beat the prices on here most of the time. Or else they couldn't pay the bills. And they have an amazing selection for a LPS, they still couldn't possibly have the same options available on here. (Maybe if they got rid of the wall of reptiles and everything with fur.) :)

OH, and you said you wanted a A. bicolor and P. transvaalicus, right?
Good luck finding these at an lps! I am sure there are a couple in the US right now that have them. Like 2 maybe, in the whole country! You will be a lot more likely to get stuff like that on here. Even at Zookeepers, I haven't seen any androctonus or parabuthus sp. They do have some rare stuff though, Just not any fat or thick tails. But you sure as heck aren't going to find any at a petdumb. :) Good luck, ryan

MarkG

Arachnopeon
yeah i know thanks for the info though ill look around in the classifieds to try and find the scops im looking for