Another Sac!!

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Another Sac!! Avicularia Metallica.

Why is Bio posting these blury pictures you ask. Because you are looking at one of my 4 female Avicularia metallica females with her brand new sac. I noticed a few days ago that she was closing herself off from the world. I had mated her with my male a few times. But her abdomen darkened up and I expected her to molt. This is what I found today. I will keep everyone posted of course. This is day 1.

If anyone has bred this species any advice would be helpful as to when to pull the sac. I pulled my curly sac at 26 days and it was too early, my p scrofa sac at 28 days and had eggs with legs. I dont want to mess this one up. Thanks for looking.

Avicularia metallica 1 with her sac

Last edited:

TiberiuSahly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is going to be interesting so I'll sit back and watch the comments and process!
Wish you the best of luck with the sack and hope you get lots of beautiful, healthy slings!!!

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here is a little better shot of the sac. Its about the size of two golf balls, pretty big.

Here is a pic of a different pair that I have. She is hopefully about to drop another sac for me. She is huge.

TiberiuSahly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fingers crossed and do keep us posted on the evolution of the A. metallica sack.

Regards!

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. keep us posted on how they are doing

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
31 days later we have 1st instar

I pulled the sac today and heres what we have. I'm guessing about 200 little 1st instar avicularia metallica sp green babies. I didn't actually count but if you want to feel free.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I tried counting...

Well I tried counting. I counted 90, the rest are too close together to tell how many there are. The ones that arent circled are the ones that I couldnt count, sorry.

View attachment 80124

Last edited:

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I counted 143. I'm not sure if that is right or not because they are so close together. We will see when they are second instar.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome!!!! congrats....i will be pulling my A. metallica sac her in about a week!!

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Congratulations!! My male has been harrassing my females now for a few weeks and he's still going strong. Thanks for posting this, most informative.

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
They were together for a week and I will be re-housing them together for another few days. I caught him making a few sperm webs and I have paired him with three females thus far.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
wayne , i have a male over at Johns now,. Also are you bringing the new river male to the meeting? if so i can bring my girl

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh man your gonna end up with a lot of avics. I have four large females and paired 2 of them. One of my females just molted and looks stunning. I'm thinking about pairing her as well but we will see. My male is still going strong. Good luck wity yours haplofool.

They were together for a week and I will be re-housing them together for another few days. I caught him making a few sperm webs and I have paired him with three females thus far.