Please help with spider identification

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

The other night i found this guy running across my foot while I was brushing my teeth. In the process of capturing him, I discovered that he is extremely fast and extremely aggressive. I have had him in a jar for about two days now, and I gave him a cricket approximately the same size as himself which he promptly ate.

He is fascinating to watch. I am not usually a true spider person, so I am totally clueless as to what he is. I have spent hours online trying to identify him. So I figured you guys might be able to help. He appears to be entirely a ground dweller, hunting for food like a wolf spider. He has a vibrant orange body with black markings and stripes like a tiger, a body structure similar to a wolf spider, and yellow and black striped legs. He is truly stunning.

Anyway, I have to charge the battery for my better macro digital camera, so for now this is the only picture I have. I live in DFW, Texas if that helps.

Thanks all!

Attachments

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had one of those little spiders last week. I let him go though, I have too many spiders already with school starting soon.