Jmugleston's Pic Thread

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Due to an issue with people "borrowing" my photos without permission (on a different site), my other thread no longer has pics on it. (Mods if you can delete my other ad that no longer has any photos, I'd appreciate it).

These are all indoor pics, so to counteract that fact that the pics are not that good, I'll only include molting and mating pics.

Pterinochilus murinus:

Aphonopelma sp. "Guatemala" or whatever they are being called now:

Theraphosa blondi: (Last year's pic)

T. blondi:

Brachypelma smithi:

Last edited:

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Not a molting or mating pic, but still cool and directly related to the mating pics so I'll add it.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! Those are Boehmi ?

Pretty ! Very Pretty!

Those aren't Baums ?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm trying to photograph all the species in our collection. Here is what we took today: (These pics are spread elsewhere throughout this forum so there may be duplicates this week).

Acanthoscurria geniculata

Genus Aphonopelma:

A. schmidti

A. chalcodes

A. moderatum

A. armada

A. anax

Aphonopelma identified by locality:
"new river"

Arizona 1:

Arizona 2:

More pics next week.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A few more pics of a few breeding attempts this weekend:

Avicularia avicularia
(From the side)

(The proper way)

Brachypelma vagans

Haplopelma lividum (He's an old man, but he still tries.....)

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A few more from this week:
P. irminia

P. cancerides (this guy was able to breed with 2 ladies this week)

S. rubronitens: So far one egg with legs...waiting on the others. Lots of infertile eggs, but she is barely 5" if that so she is a small girl.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any updates on the rubronitens eggs?
Bad news on that first eggsac. One made it to the post embryo stage, but none of the others did. I think the incubator became a bit too dry. (More reason to pull the eggsac only after they're eggs with legs. I was able to get the date info for that one (molt to 1st instar and 2nd instar), but it did not make it long after its 2nd instar molt.

On the plus side, I have another gravid female, 2 females that just molted this last week, and a male that should mature soon. Now that I have a better idea on the timeline, I can be sure to pull the next eggsacs once they've made it to the eggs with legs stage.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sick!

jmugleston, Looks like someones gonna have their hands full..... but then again, that's all in a day's work for you! Awesome pics, man!

Terry