frogs

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
anyone on here keep any treefrogs, interested in monkey frogs or milky frogs il have to post the latin later know monkey frogs are pretty easy to get hold of in the states also trying to track down a budgets frog are they still available over your side of the pond?:D

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes.........

I have had frogs my whole life, so far , anyway. I have 2 White's tree frogs, male and female, and 1 gray tree frog. And a Hybrid horned frog, about ten years old. It is a cornuta-cranwelli cross. The Budgets are pretty rare here, I think they are neat, but I guess there is not much demand for them. The monkey frogs are in the Phylomedusa genus. I like them, and saw some wild caughts at the last reptile show here, 2 for $5! They were young, and skinny, and were the tiger striped ones, on their legs. I passed on getting them, but the dealer told me he sold a bunch of them. Wild caught amph. are risky, in my opinion and exp., most have a parasite problem or two. Frogs are very tough, once you get them set-up properly. A place to bathe, enough humidity, proper temps and environment, and keep it very clean, and they do great. I have always heard frogs do not bask, and do not need a basking area.............this is not true. Mine love to hang out under a spot lamp, I use the infra-red bulbs, but I monitor them VERY closely, for the correct temps. They love to bask after a big meal.:)

Last edited:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, but I have a couple of neat pics...

Can you find him in this picture?

Jake

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Damn...............

Great pics., Jamie. I am exp. with frogs, and I really had a hard time finding the frog in that pic.!:? :)

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Damn...............

Originally posted by minax
Great pics., Jamie. I am exp. with frogs, and I really had a hard time finding the frog in that pic.!:? :)
I'm Jake, Jamie is my girlfriend;)

Isn't it a neat picture though? I didn't see the frog until I uploaded the picture on my HD. I originally took the picture b/c of the ants.

Jake

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Uhhhhhhhhh.........

Sorry Jake, my apologies.:? That is a great pic. Took me a while to find the frog. I don't know if I would have found it, if you would have not gave me a hint. Thanks for sharing the pic.:)

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep. I keep tree frogs. Right now I have a baby whites, and im in the process of locating some female H. cinerea for my breeding project. They are definitely a hard to find sex of that species.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't have amphibians of any sort here. When I get a larger cage for my female JCP, I plan on using her cage to set up a communal green tree frog enclosure. I'm considering adding in a couple gray tree frogs as well.

Scorpio, refresh my memory, what's H. cinerea again...the barking tree frog? I have the latest Reptiles magazine on tree frogs somewhere, but I don't feel like searching for it at 2:30 am. :)

EDIT: Whoops, I just found the magazine. Hyla cinerea is the green tree frog.

Bry

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by wayne the pain
anyone on here keep any treefrogs, interested in monkey frogs or milky frogs il have to post the latin later know monkey frogs are pretty easy to get hold of in the states also trying to track down a budgets frog are they still available over your side of the pond?:D
I have a "blue" phase white's tree frog and a trio of red eyed tree frogs. I have been looking for some CB monkey tree frogs for some time at the reptile shows but no luck so far.
Ed

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Oh, and by the way, If anybody locates VERIFIED female H. cinerea, contact me please.

Cockroach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love frogs, and have several different sp. of them. I used to have a Phyllomedusa tomopterna(Tiger Leg Monkey Tree Frog). The only tree frog I have now is my H. cinerea(Green Tree Frog), and it is a female. She was and still is my first tree frog, my Tiger Leg died due to Red Leg disease. The other sp. of frogs I have are African Clawed Frogs, Dwarf African Clawed Frogs, Asian Painted Frog, Cranwell's Horned Frog, Oriental Fire Bellied Toads, and American Toad.
On a side-note, I did manage to catch a Wester Chorus Frog in early spring of this year:)