Need help with my new avic

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone have any pictures of different concepts of what a avicularia cage looks like, i want to go the cheapest route possible,She is is about 3-4 inches. The enclosure that i had planned on using is too small.

thanks

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Keep it in a one-gallon enclosure with two inches of potting soil and a climbing branch. Add about 15 .4-inch air holes.

Looks like this (not my pic! BrianS's from venomlist):

Attachments

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont have any pics,
but you could you to petco or some where and they have kritter keepers there for around 9.99,its still kinda cheap not the cheapest you can go but its all good in the long run.

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i dont have any pics,
but you could you to petco or some where and they have kritter keepers there for around 9.99,its still kinda cheap not the cheapest you can go but its all good in the long run.
yeah but the cheapest is the one on arachneman's picture and also kritter keepers cages are like more on terrestrial Ts

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
on terrestrial Ts??? noooooo you'll squish them LOL!
what!? i dont actually quite get what you said LOl cause what I said kritter keeper cages are for terrestrial Ts as you can see some pictures of kritter keeper cages has like B.smithi pic on it

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well the seller really hooked me up let me tell you. that avic avic, seemani plus the freebie are sweet. THey just dont fit. i gueess i will head there in the morning.i just hate to leave the avic in the shipping container over night.

Mr. Gone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what!? i dont actually quite get what you said LOl cause what I said kritter keeper cages are for terrestrial Ts as you can see some pictures of kritter keeper cages has like B.smithi pic on it
no, what you said was "cages are like more ON terrestrial Ts" when you mean 'for' not 'on'. ;) I was just making a little joke. I'm guessing English either isn't your first language, you post from a cell, or you don't proof read very closely.

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no, what you said was "cages are like more ON terrestrial Ts" when you mean 'for' not 'on'. ;) I was just making a little joke. I'm guessing English either isn't your first language, you post from a cell, or you don't proof read very closely.
actually yes english is not my first language:D I'm asian{D and also I quite laughed a little bit when you explained it to me LOL

Last edited:

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well i just got off work and went to wally world and got that container.it cost me 2.64 for it, I guess that wasnt to bad, I drilled all my holes at the top and put the water dish at the bottom. what i did that the othher guy didnt do was, get a Piece of bark from out sidesnd put it in there. I did however put it in the microwave for 8 minutes to kill all bugs and ants on it.

Krystalee

Arachnopeon
just be careful with putting your T into a either to small/large cage for them!! could stress them out.......