Silkworm help

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've got the eggs to hatch and now there's about 500 of them. I put too much food and now it's in there dried up, and they are all on top of it. How do I get them off? They're so small and delicate... and they bungie jump with their silk.

Any tips would be great.

gothra

Arachnopeon
You don't need to move the worms. If the old food is all dried up, you can put another layer of fresh chow on top (not too thick). Put a lid on so the new chow won't dry off too quickly.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You don't need to move the worms. If the old food is all dried up, you can put another layer of fresh chow on top (not too thick). Put a lid on so the new chow won't dry off too quickly.
So this stuff does not mold? Also, all caresheets ive seen say to have lots of ventilation. Have you had luck keeping a lid on?

maxxx

Arachnopeon
food

it is best to try and putwhat they can eat in a couple of days , so that it does not dry up or it does not get covered in poop.

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it is best to try and putwhat they can eat in a couple of days , so that it does not dry up or it does not get covered in poop.
I'm trying to do this but I'm very new to these worms. Thanks for the heads-up

gothra

Arachnopeon
The food can mold, that's why I let the food completely dry off before I put new food in. So, as maxx said, don't put too much in all at once. When I give them new food (thinly sliced chow), I keep a lid on for the first day; then I'll take the lid off the next day for the uneaten food to dry off.