mixing colour forms question

RichardDegville

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all I have just paired my Pterinochilus murinus (RCF)
however I have noticed photographs of Pterinochilus murinus pairings that look like the colour morphs are being crossed now would this affect over all colouration of the spiderlings also is this a form of hybridisation as Pterinochilus sp is still under a lot of debate as to weather colour forms are indeed colour forms or are separate sp also how would spiderlings of cross colour morph parentage be labelled?.

RCF pairing

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pterinochilus was revised by Gallon recently.
All colour forms are not seperate species, merely geographical colour variants.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by heyjeyniceid
mine is such a sweety. She loves kisses:p

seriously............
Hopefully not by candlelight...

Jon

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lopez
Pterinochilus was revised by Gallon recently.
All colour forms are not seperate species, merely geographical colour variants.
Didn't I read somewhere recently that someone attempted to breed two P. murinus, which were in fact, two separate color variants? If I remember correctly, one was your standard orange Usumbara, and the other was a tan variation. However, when the two were put together, the two of them completely ignored each other. Perhaps these two just weren't compatible, but maybe it means these two were separate species, and didn't recognize each other as a potential mate. Perhaps that person just had two racist spiders on his hands. :)

Bry

noboyscout

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard that both color forms have been present on slings from the same clutch. I don't think that there is a problem from with mixing color forms of the same genus?