A versicolor ventilation help please!

AllieCat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello!
I usually post under AllieCat70 but I guess when I'm at work/home I have registered under different names....dunno....anyway, got my first A. versicolor sling today and put it in it's new home. Well, it crawled out one of the holes I made with the ice pick!! eek! Glad I saw it!!! Well, I just cut off the foot of a pair of panty hose and stretched it around the enclosure (one of those containers from the container store) - my question is, is this going to allow enough ventilation??? I've never had an Avic before. Thanks for the info!!! I'll also be out of town for 3 days so my timing wasn't very good!!!! Leaving this afternoon....
thanks!!!
Allie

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd be worried about the sling chewing through the pantyhose. If you don't have time to fix the enclosure before your trip, I would consider placing it's entire current enclosure, pantyhose and all into a large tupperware or sterlite container. This will contain the sling if it gets through the first line of defense.

When you get back, beg, borrow or steal a drill/dremel and get a a 1/16" drill bit. This will make holes that are the proper size for your Avic...

Good luck,
Scott

AllieCat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great!! I will do that! Thanks so much! I never thought that they would/could chew through panty hose!! lol!!! If I put the container in another container - that will be enough ventilation??? It will only be until Thursday......

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're welcome, and yes, a large container will leave plenty of air for your sling...