White/Clearish tiny bugs in roach enclosure

kryptix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So today I was putting some food into my baby/medium size roach tank and noticed a bunch of tiny white/clear bugs crawling around on the egg cartons. Should I just get rid of these roaches now, or should I even worry about it?

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So today I was putting some food into my baby/medium size roach tank and noticed a bunch of tiny white/clear bugs crawling around on the egg cartons. Should I just get rid of these roaches now, or should I even worry about it?
Chances are you dont need to worry about it....how tiny and can you better describe them? Maybe they are springtails? If they are grain mites, then you may be feeding your roaches too much too often....

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
To prevent it becoming a problem you might change out the substrate and egg cartons if it isn't too much trouble. If you keep it a bit drier it will help to curtail the remaining mites that stowaway on the roaches during the transfer.

Throw in an isopod culture and they'll help over time.

kryptix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, usually there is a piece of bread / dog food in a dish for them. The only moisture they have is the water dish so other than that it is pretty dry. Kind of hard to explain since they're so little and movin' around so fast =) I think I am going to change the cartons and clean the tank and see if that does the job!