Tarantula book?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering if anyone knew a book that had a decent amount of info on particular genus's. I have the Tarantula keepers guide and that just has info on poci's, Tharaphosa, Grammostola, Brachypelma, and avicularia...im looking for a book that isnt about how to take care of, feed, house tarantulas but more on the individual tarantulas, like S. Calceatum, P. Cambridgei, H. Lividium, H. Maculata or their genus. anyone know of one? i would like to get to know more about the different types with more indepth info then what i can find online...

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Using the search function right here is your best bet. No such book exists...

It drives me crazy, as I am a huge reader and collector of books/mags. I also keep aquariums, and there are three fantastic and several other passable monthy mags with glossy photos and in depth species articles galore.

I would kill for just one well done tarantula publication like this...

Dyon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Riesenvogelspin book only got 4-6 pages about the theraphosa blondi the rest is how to take care etc.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you own the book.... or are you just repeating what you read from others?

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was wondering if anyone knew a book that had a decent amount of info on particular genus's.
Just for the record - the plural of genus is genera. Not picking on you - but knowing the right spelling might help you with search functions, etc.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Either way, I wouldn't even be able to read them! :}

That B. smithi looks odd to me.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
adult male.
No, it was more the coloration. More of a red than an orange. I'm not questioning what it is at all; I understand there are differences in individuals. Just making an observation.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your best bet is to try to find research papers. A number can be found online, but some places are available only to certain facilities or memberships. Computers on college campuses are sometimes hooked in to those sites.

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Too bad they're written in gibberi...err, German. ;)

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been watching for quite some time in the hopes that Vogelspinnen would create an english language version of thier books and magazines :(

Exo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been watching for quite some time in the hopes that Vogelspinnen would create an english language version of thier books and magazines :(
What we need is a T hobbyist magazine here in the states, that would be awesome. :cool:

Zebo777

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is everyone positive that they don't have English versions available? Seems so easy to make

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is everyone positive that they don't have English versions available? Seems so easy to make
Translation = easy

Getting capital/distribution plan together and enough interest to make a profitable print run = not so easy...